Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    Vreihen,
    After you tap their "Login" button, wait several minutes, while their horrifically slow webserver thinks about responding. Notice the blue progress bar moving, waiting for it to load. It works, their server appears to truly, truly suck though.

And their html and JavaScript is so bad I have no ideas how any browser can figure it out...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    when do you plan on learning to type and spell? damn -
    You probably would have had a slightly stronger point had you capitalised the start of your sentence. Damn, etc.
    We have had this argument before. To me the web browser is adequate. It has gotten a lot smoother and faster since the 3.0.4 update (all the pictures actually load now). I was using Miren in CM7 and it felt slightly faster than the TouchPad's browser but not by much. I have no desire to boot into Android just to use the browser, so the TouchPad's browser isn't as bad as you make it out to be in my eyes. It is funny that the non-techie TouchPad users in my family don't complain about it. Maybe we are holding it to a higher standard that doesn't matter in the real world?

If you think this is the "worse im history", you should try the computer i've got sitting here right now with Internet Explorer 4.0 on it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    bluenote and knownboyofno like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Try using LinkedIn and signing out after you are logged in.
    adv browser worked for me for this one. Press down hard on your name, sometimes even the shared link dropdown on the browser will come down, but the menu should stay open. I tapped sign out twice but am not sure if one tap would do it.

I was not successful on the regular browser with this method.

I had no trouble seeing various slashdot comments.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    After you tap their "Login" button, wait several minutes, while their horrifically slow webserver thinks about responding. Notice the blue progress bar moving, waiting for it to load. It works, their server appears to truly, truly suck though.

And their html and JavaScript is so bad I have no ideas how any browser can figure it out...]
    I still can't get the logon button to work. They really messed up the formatting a few days ago, and even Chrome can't render the pages properly now! This is the only web site that I visit semi-regularly that has problems rendering on the TP. Anyway, since racing season has ended and silly season has started, I'll skip that forum for a few months and see how badly they mess up the CSS next spring.

As for the worst web browser in history, I just installed a notable contender on my Touchpad:

If you want to play along at home, install Optware and then "ipkg-opt install lynx" followed by "lynx http://www.yahoo.com" to see Lynx in all of its character-based glory.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    There is another browser for the Touchpad called Bookmarked.
    Hmm. Well I didn't have an account to try it with, but after several minutes of waiting, it did eventually respond that the info that I gave it was not valid, so I assumed that it worked to submit it properly.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    As for the worst web browser in history, I just installed a notable contender on my Touchpad:
    Yay, Lynx! Something I think everyone should be required to start with just so they know how lucky they have it with graphical browsers.

Seriously, Web developers and designers should be required to use Lynx to see how poorly coded many of their sites are.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Couldn't agree more about the horrible browser. That's why I installed cyanogen on Friday and couldn't be happier with it now.
    The stock browser there is pretty much the same as what we have here, although slower, from what I saw. Opera on Android is way awesome, though, as Opera tends to be.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The stock browser there is pretty much the same as what we have here, although slower, from what I saw. Opera on Android is way awesome, though, as Opera tends to be.

My TP browser was the slowest browser I've ever used on a tablet. I'm using Dolphin HD on cyanogen and it must be at least 10x faster than stock with tons of options, one of the best being that I can toggle from mobile to desktop mode instantly.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123