Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
    1 Mbit/s is 1/8th of a Mbyte/s. :-) Kidding aside, I'm sure it can download faster.

I too have few problems with the browser. I'm using it now for this forum. Ebay works fine.
    Yes, it is. And the download throttler comes set for 64Kbit/sec.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD914 View Post
    The Touchpad browser does what it has to.
    Except it doesn't. Quite regularly.

Spyke
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Except it doesn't. Quite regularly.

Spyke
    Except it does. Quite regularly. (I can't recall the last time I couldn't do something on my browser and had to get up and use my PC).
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Except it does. Quite regularly. (I can't recall the last time I couldn't do something on my browser and had to get up and use my PC).
    Try expanding the comments on slashdot, or using the notification dropdown on google+

Personally the most annoying bug for me is when trying to log onto my corporate lan's guest network. I get some browser redirect error message. The login works without issue on my Nokia E72. I get the error on both my Pre 2 and my Touchpad.
    I couldn't even access my webmail at first with the TP browser. These kind of things have to just work before even considering more esoteric sites.
    Kind of depends on what you're doing. For my daughter trying to use it for school work, for example, without the secure download patch under WebOS 3.0.4, it is a total failure. For many other tasks, it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I am reasonably certain that the "Unthrottle Download Manager" patch doesn't actually have any effect whatsoever. I've downloaded at 1MBit on my TouchPad without having that patch in.

The login problems on those sites are probably associated with bugs in those softwares. phpBB in certain configurations, just does not work very well. At all. On any browser.

What information are you putting into the AutoTrader site? It doesn't seem to do that to me, as far as refreshing goes, but I'm not sure where exactly you're having the problem.
    I download at 1.8 mbps with the unthrottle patch.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    This is not the worst browser ever. Some early versions of Netscape were pretty bad and the iphone browser doesn't even support Flash. I seem to also recall problems with the original Internet in a Box browser. The thing is all common browsers today have been around for years and have had time to mature.The webOS browser is still first-gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I download at 1.8 mbps with the unthrottle patch.
    Using speedtest.net I'm getting 20-25Mbps WITHOUT the patch.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    The thing is all common browsers today have been around for years and have had time to mature.The webOS browser is still first-gen.
    Yeah, but they had a blueprint to go by with all the other browsers. I don't understand why they see other browsers on other platforms and say "Nah, that'd take too much time to code". The same thing with the keyboard. Everyone takes other ideas anyways, couldn't they have actually borrowed some of the good one's from others?
    The same thing with the keyboard. Everyone takes other ideas anyways, couldn't they have actually borrowed some of the good one's from others?
    I have just patched my keyboard today … and luuuv it!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    I just want to say that this thread title is awesome. That is all.
    WyreNut likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    What patch and what functionality does it add?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    What patch and what functionality does it add?
    Look up all the details here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3134391

QWERTZ layout: I now have 12 keys in the first four rows with separate German »Umlaute« and individual selected characters for every key. I also added typographical spaces and dashes characters.

AZERTY layout: I’m going to patch this layout to feature most of the TP’s system font available characters – there’s loads there, dingbats an others!

When I’m totally satisfied, I will post my layout files there …
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    It's not the keyboard itself, it's that I'm spoiled with SwiftkeyX, which while I type a word that it gives 5 different options above the keyboard that the word might be and you can click the word and it completes the word. It's so much faster than regular typing on a touchscreen. As you type more of the word the options narrow down. It's amazing that I type two letters and it predicts what I'm about to type. The more you use the app the more it learns your tendencies for language and the predictions become more canny as time goes on.
    It's not the keyboard itself, it's that I'm spoiled with SwiftkeyX, which while I type a word that it gives 5 different options above the keyboard that the word might be and you can click the word and it completes the word. It's so much faster than regular typing on a touchscreen. As you type more of the word the options narrow down. It's amazing that I type two letters and it predicts what I'm about to type. The more you use the app the more it learns your tendencies for language and the predictions become more canny as time goes on.
    Just looked it up on the web. It’s likely fantastic. Maybe they’re porting it to webOS or some of our smart homebrewers do us a favour. Alast we’d manually have to install the dictionary files …

Allrigth people, it’s getting early here in Germany, going to bed.

Till later!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    tyrannosauRoss, the worse spelling im history?!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Try using LinkedIn and signing out after you are logged in.
    when do you plan on learning to type and spell? damn -
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Try using LinkedIn and signing out after you are logged in.
    Try even signing in to sccaforums.com. The logon button vanishes from the web page whenever you try to tap it, and the site won't take [Enter] as an alternative to logon.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast