Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Maybe it was just me but I never use to be able to log into Sirius's web site for access to sat radio! TODAY I tried again on a whim and guess what!! Listening right now to Howard Stern playback! AWESOME!!

One item off my list! I would have loved an app but their web player works just as well! Gotta love multi-tasking.. dropped into a window and off doing email and surfing.
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/10/2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Maybe it was just me but I never use to be able to log into Sirius's web site for access to sat radio! TODAY I tried again on a whim and guess what!! Listening right now to Haward Stern playback! AWESOME!!

One item off my list! I would have loved an app but their web player works just as well! Gotta love multi-tasking.. dropped into a window and off doing email and surfing.
    Does this require additional fees or will my basic subscription cover internet listening too?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    Does this require additional fees or will my basic subscription cover internet listening too?
    The great thing about sirius via internet access is it's free with your service, just call and get a user/pass. I think some channels maybe locked out but many of the comedy inc howard are there if you pay for it as well as most of the regular music channels.

REQUEST: Now if someone can get silverlight working in the stock browser I can get full access to netflix's streaming web site direct..
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/10/2011 at 06:53 AM.
    The Internet stream is supposed to cost an extra $3 a month. I just canceled it because Sirius' Android app sucks, force closes, laggy, junk software.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    The Internet stream is supposed to cost an extra $3 a month. I just canceled it because Sirius' Android app sucks, force closes, laggy, junk software.
    no issues streaming off web site, even tethered off pre2,, could be just me, need to investigate further but when on battery and the power save screen goes out it doesn't stream smooth. I assume power save must impact wifi performance. This could have been a fluke though, I'll try to recreate later to verify.
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/10/2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Are NFL games streamed?
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    I signed up for the free trial (I get XM plus a few Sirius channels including Howard into my car), but not exactly sure I would pay another $3 a month, since the TP isn't able to hold the stream very well. It also took a few shots at it to get the right channel.
  8.    #8  
    I'm pretty sure I didn't pay extra for the online service.. but I bought a multi-year deal so maybe it was a perk and included? They do charge 3/month for the phone apps.. but I didn't think that included logging in on the web, granted I may just be grandfathered.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    When I first read the post title - I thought Siri (Apple-type) was on the TouchPad!!!

D'oh!!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    tabman and Balooz like this.
    REQUEST: Now if someone can get silverlight working in the stock browser I can get full access to netflix's streaming web site direct..
    ANSWER: Not gonna happen.

I could go through all the reasons why, but suffice it to say that all these dreams people seem to have of having webOS developers port [insert someone else's software or plugin here] to webOS don't seem to put a lot of thought into all the legal and technical details it would take to make it happen. And that's still leaving a lot of boring details out that make it more likely that you'll be hit by lightning every day for a month than the chance of seeing [insert someone else's software or plugin] released on webOS.

As for Microsoft itself porting it? Not gonna happen.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    ANSWER: Not gonna happen.

I could go through all the reasons why, but suffice it to say that all these dreams people seem to have of having webOS developers port [insert someone else's software or plugin here] to webOS don't seem to put a lot of thought into all the legal and technical details it would take to make it happen. And that's still leaving a lot of boring details out that make it more likely that you'll be hit by lightning every day for a month than the chance of seeing [insert someone else's software or plugin] released on webOS.

As for Microsoft itself porting it? Not gonna happen.
    No matter, microsoft is abondoning silverlight.. which means most likely w/ a little time netflix will be html5 and available for everyone with an account.
    HTML5 doesn't support DRM yet, which makes that highly unlikely for quite a while to come. And DRM is Netflix's #1 priority to keep the studios and MPAA happy.

The Netflix Tech Blog: HTML5 and Video Streaming

That article, from back in December, explains most of the issues they're facing and the proposed solution (adding a new codec to the <video> tag in HTML5) would take a good amount of time to get approved by the W3C Standards Body and its members. And that isn't even to mention how long it takes for that support to make it into browsers. Or supporting older browsers. Or getting that codec working at high performance in mobile implementations.

So, again, not so easy. HTML5 is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's far from a solution for everything.
  13.    #13  
    Just had to post a positive.. god love my touchpad!!

I've been unable to login on my home pc to sirius's web player for weeks now.. frustrated I just tried my TP and it streams flawless!! Man it's always a bad week when I don't get to listen to Howard while I dredge through my Monday paperwork.

PS btw on a note of wifi performance; man my old netgear router streams flawless,, but when i'm logged into my new netgear dual radio (5ghz) I have all kinds of issues with streaming data (N600). I run both anyway so no biggy but it is annoying.. not sure if it's TP issue or a firmware issue on the n600.
    Interesting, if it pays The Loft Channel I would consider it.
    Hey, this is a great feature for someone to crosspost into this thread:

WebOS Features that Fill You with Delight!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Interesting, if it pays The Loft Channel I would consider it.
    Hey, this is a great feature for someone to crosspost into this thread:

WebOS Features that Fill You with Delight!
    Most channels work... including 'LOFT' on 30,, yes it's a pretty nice feature.
    Most channels work... including 'LOFT' on 30,, yes it's a pretty nice feature.
    Alright, I've quoted you in the other thread: WebOS Features that Fill You with Delight!
    LOL

Same here.
    I got quite excited ;-)
    When I first read the post title - I thought Siri (Apple-type) was on the TouchPad!!!

D'oh!!

LOL

Same here.
    I got quite excited ;-)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    So question...does it work for XM as well since they're both basically one company?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Tried this on my Pre3 and Touchpad but the player will not work. Works fine on my PC. Logged in with my account credentials fine but it will not play on either webOS device using the native browsers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast