Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    The Touchpad changes 'Limp Bizkit' to 'Limp Insult'

jeesh Touchpad, so opinionated...
    One of the most annoying auto correct "features" is the adding of all contacts into the dictionary.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I love how it effects emails and urls. Autocorrect should not apply to emails or urls IMO
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

the auto correct is abysmal. If I was ever to install a different OS on my tablet, that would be one of the top reasons. Well that, and the hic ups that it has every once in while.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I just turned the auto correct off. What a PITA to type a text message or url.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    I just turned the auto correct off. What a PITA to type a text message or url.
    The guy who is responsible for this should be fired. Did they even test this before putting it out to the public?

I disabled the auto-correct as well. The good thing is that it still underlines the misspelled words, only that it won't change or suggest anything.
    abysmal, annoying, instrusive, I would rather deal with unwanted popups....

as long as the questionable words are underlined, corrections are EZ...
    slightly off topic, but when i type the word "nasty" on my android phone the word it suggests is "masturbation".
    treodoc755 likes this.
    + 1 on everything said. It's that bad.
    I love the autocorrect except when it changes the last word before a message is sent than I correct it with a * and it is still autocorrects to the wrong word right before I send it. Coming from 1.4.5 webOS without autocorrect I prefer having the autocorrect even though it gets carried away at times.
  11.    #11  
    TO be hoenst, autocorrect is not much better on iOS or Android. Its a bit better, but not much.
    Just turn auto-correct off. It will still spell check and underline words it thinks are misspelled and you have the choice to click the underlined word and choose the correct spelling, fix it manually or leave it as-is. This is far superior to the auto-correct as it works today. This is also how Firefox works by default and is what I am used to, so it was exactly what I wanted.
    no, no, no, the best auto Correct Is on precentral, I get premenstrual er time mah friends, er time.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    The guy who is responsible for this should be fired. Did they even test this before putting it out to the public?

I disabled the auto-correct as well. The good thing is that it still underlines the misspelled words, only that it won't change or suggest anything.
    I love how every time an issue or a bug occurs in software the response is the person responsible should be fired.

I hope you don't make any mistakes in your current line of business, assuming you hold yourself to the same standards that you want to hold others.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Autocorrect become much better for me after I realized that if you hit backspace at the end of a word that was just corrected it changes it back...saves on having to click and choose each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post

HP probably couldn't fire him/her. The memo was sent on a Touchpad and
    kept changing "You're fired!" to "Would you like fries with that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by marpol View Post
    Autocorrect become much better for me after I realized that if you hit backspace at the end of a word that was just corrected it changes it back...saves on having to click and choose each time.
    That doesn't always work. The final straw for me was trying to type a word (I forget the specific word) with about 10 letters. By the time I got to the third letter the auto correct started trying to change it, by the time I finished the word it had changed it at least 3 times. Hitting the back space only reverted to the previous word that it had selected. I had to retype the word three or four times to finally get it to stay. Also clicking the word did not provide the word I wanted, it only listed derivations of the previous word it had tried to change it to. I immediately turned off auto correct after that.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I don't like most "auto features." I turn off auto formatting for word processing on MS Word and WordPerfect.

On the flip side, I sure like the typing shortcuts.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    slightly off topic, but when i type the word "nasty" on my android phone the word it suggests is "masturbation".
    I wonder what Siri would say to that :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I love how every time an issue or a bug occurs in software the response is the person responsible should be fired.

I hope you don't make any mistakes in your current line of business, assuming you hold yourself to the same standards that you want to hold others.
    HardBeatZ, didn't you get that memo yet from one of your 4 bosses?

"No logic allowed"

I see pandas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast