Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys. I thought I would share all the things I love about my Touchpad. Im running webOS 3.0.4 with uberkernel but I am currently running it at stock speed. Ive installed all the recommended patches as well as some of the ones for appearances I like.

My favorite things about my Touchpad are:

1) The browser: I bought my tablet because I could afford it at the lower price (I already wanted one but was out of my price range). I am extremely happy with the browser. I have full flash support, can watch all my favorite youtube videos, can check my facebook and precentral, and do pretty much anything I want.

2) Homebrew community: Just plain awesome as they are with my pre-. It blows my mind what the experts here to, as well as the people who just dabble with it in their free time.

Thanks for reading!

Jarid
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

+1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    It may just be my inner geek, but I love the openness of the platform.

No hoops to jump through for root access.
    Customization out the ***
    Friendly (for the most part;-) ) community with many knowledgeable and helpful members.
    Functional multitasking!!
    Very used friendly UI

Just my $.02.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    It may just be my inner geek, but I love the openness of the platform.

No hoops to jump through for root access.
    Customization out the ***
    Friendly (for the most part;-) ) community with many knowledgeable and helpful members.
    Functional multitasking!!
    Very used friendly UI

Just my $.02.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Couldn't agree with those more!
    1969bob likes this.
    Without this Touchpad, I would not be using a tablet AT ALL. Thanks, HP and Thanks PreCentral!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Without this Touchpad, I would not be using a tablet AT ALL. Thanks, HP and Thanks PreCentral!
    This. Thanks Leo for not being the brightest.
    nishantc and pback like this.
    I agree with everything above. Although I believe venting can be healthy, complaints about how the touchpad/webos don't meet expectations do get old. For me the positive greatly outweighs the negative. I miss the secure download patch since upgrading to 3.0.4 so my daughter can use it for online schoolwork. But the very fact that a patch enhanced this to begin with is a great positive. Hopefully that gets updated. If not I can always go Ubuntu or Android for alternative browsers.
    +100

Two 32G. 3rd 3G is going to the best friend's famaly as a gift.

iPad usage almost 0%, laptop usage =10%, TP usage =90%.

Best moment: using LibreOffice editing Microsoft documents (word, excel, power point) in a card mode during flight on business trips, and iPad users sitting around were curious about what the heck I was using. For those who don't know, LibreOffice is as good, if not better, as Ms office.

In card mode I can switch back and forth between Ubuntu and webos just like you swipe different cards on tp.
    Libre office? Where is that, can I get it in the UK?
    I like the email client and also the USA TODAY app. Between these two, 80% of computer needs are satisfied. The battery can run for a long time, by laptop standards.
    Libre office runs under Linux, so go check out the Ubuntu / Debian threads.
    And here as well. The novelty hasn't worn off. I've tried both Ubuntu Chroot, and CM7. I removed Ubuntu, I really don't have much Linux experience anyway, but it was interesting to check out. CM7 is still on but I have to be really bored to bother starting it up. There's some neat games, but in all reality, the ones I have on webOS suffice for me as I'm not much of a casual/pick-up type of gamer.

I rarely watch videos on it, was nice in the summer to kick back in the hammock with a movie, but it's a tad chilly now. I've tried watching a movie in bed, but I never make it past 20 minutes.

Music Remix carries me through the day at work.

I find 70% of my time on my TouchPad is on the browser, and haven't really come across any sites that don't work for me.

Pretty happy with it so far, a few minor annoyances (guess I'm used to such things coming from a Palm Pre-), and pretty sure I'll stay that way no matter what the outcome of speculation/rumor/heresy/imagination/fiction and speaking of which, it's nice to dream but I've heard so many stories about what could have been, should have been, might be.....it's completely filtered out. I'll probably take notice once something official arrives, but I can't really be bothered to believe and be let down.

Gossip was never one of my strong suits.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The touchpad is truly amazing! =) i even gave away my ipod touch 4g cuz i love webos and the touchpad soo much now haha
    geeksquadkid and 1969bob like this.
    The number one reason I wanted a tablet of some sort was to be able to check email and calendar without having to run up and down the stairs to check my computer. For this, the TP fits the bill PERFECTLY. While watching TV, it allows me to use IMDB to look up shows, characters, etc., check FB, add movies to my Block Buster queue when I see a preview I like, and of course keep up with forums I post on. I also have no problems accessing my bank site to check balances or whatever, all without having to go upstairs to my home office. For $99 I am getting my money's worth and then some.

Does it have some things that are mildly annoying? Sure but at $99 the only other alternative was a cheap Android tablet running Froyo from some fly-by-night foreign company that thinks if it's fully assembled then it passed quality control.
    I've now had a repair and 3 advance exchanges for a single 32GB unit, but I still enjoy as much if not more than the day I got it. I just find it pure magic how accessible the homebrew community is on a product branded by HP.
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
    The TP is great, it good to see people liking the device, instead of the vocal minority (at least in one thread).
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Agree with most of the stuff in this thread, particulary the multitasking. Its painful to try and do that on the phone after I've been on the TP for a bit.
    bluefakeplastic likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I really like mine, especially after discovering the homebrew community. I have had some problems with the browser as it will load about the first inch of the progress bar, hangs around there for about 5-6 seconds, then starts rendering the page. So such issue with CM7. Not sure if it's just brokering the connection at that point or not.

Barring that issue, it works great and it was definitely money well spent.
    Last edited by brshoemak; 11/10/2011 at 10:46 AM.
    +1
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast