Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree56Likes
    +1000. I like the thread title

Keep the positive spirit coming! No matter what will happen to WebOS, we need to enjoy our TouchPad till the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    +100

Two 32G. 3rd 3G is going to the best friend's famaly as a gift.

iPad usage almost 0%, laptop usage =10%, TP usage =90%.

Best moment: using LibreOffice editing Microsoft documents (word, excel, power point) in a card mode during flight on business trips, and iPad users sitting around were curious about what the heck I was using. For those who don't know, LibreOffice is as good, if not better, as Ms office.

In card mode I can switch back and forth between Ubuntu and webos just like you swipe different cards on tp.
    Did you lose any of the formatting on those MSFT docs--ie italics, bold, even change of font?
    I found I was able to open some of the MSFT docs sent to me without stripping the formatting, this is making me cautious to use this for business purposes.
    I unknowingly slingshot or swipe up my open apps on iPhone, thinking they'd close. Since I have owned the tablet, I find pressing the iPhone home button a nuisance now! Who's with me?!

iOS is extremely elegant and beautiful, now with folders and management, but so is WebOS, with gestures, flash, and elegant icons and stock apps like mail, chat, and NOTIFICATIONS, etc.

Albeit, HP touchpad is heavier, iPad 2 DOES float!
    Quote Originally Posted by billionaiire View Post
    I unknowingly slingshot or swipe up my open apps on iPhone, thinking they'd close. Since I have owned the tablet, I find pressing the iPhone home button a nuisance now! Who's with me?!
    I said it long ago and I say it again, webos/touchpad, not ios/iphone/ipad/ipod, not android/whatever, is the only os/pad that gives user COMPLETE touch experience. Once you turn tp on, you don't have to press any physical button to manage your use. Other pads/pods/phones/drois would require the use of home button or something to close an app.

And yes, I have the same habit of swiping and slingshoting my ipad, only realize that it ain't no touchpad...

My poor ipad is sitting there collecting dust now.
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
    +10000 I love a lot of the features the tp has... I think it is one of the most underhyped/unappreciated gadgets around. Things I thought sounded like gimmicks, like Synergy, have turned out to be awesome features. If HP had just spent all it's ad dollars hyping that it would have been a hit. I really didn't understand it until I saw it in action.

There are only one or two android features I find myself missing. I miss speech to text. I didn't realize how much I used that until I go the tp. And darn it why doesn't this keyboard have any arrow keys? Or at least a shift option for them.

Other than that this is a great product. It's too bad HP didn't market this aggressively.
    Ordered 8/21 835am SMB #44229XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Ordered 8/21 130am SMB #44029XX PO# 0305552XX Shipped 10/8/2011
    Only took 48 Days, 8 Hours, 3 Minutes, 0 Seconds to ship... but whose counting?
    4 months with my TouchPad and 1 month with my PRE 3, love using both of them, awesome devices and an awesome OS. It's a pity that many people take these so called tech sites as the gospel truth and never have experienced webOS for themselves. Sitting in a Holiday Inn in NoCal right now typing away on my Touchpad and watching ESPN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I've now had a repair and 3 advance exchanges for a single 32GB unit, but I still enjoy as much if not more than the day I got it. I just find it pure magic how accessible the homebrew community is on a product branded by HP.
    yes i have had a repair and an exchange and the new one still cracks haha...but i still love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    yes i have had a repair and an exchange and the new one still cracks haha...but i still love it!
    Just curious, is the crack happened because we hold the TP at speakers side?

Mine, since day 1 I put on the HP Folio case and I always afraid to hold TP at speakers side, due to I read that crack on TP speakers is common problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Did you lose any of the formatting on those MSFT docs--ie italics, bold, even change of font?
    I found I was able to open some of the MSFT docs sent to me without stripping the formatting, this is making me cautious to use this for business purposes.
    No, I did not lose any space. One thing you want to check is the /media/internal/.palm
    for very large files (more than 1 gig each). If you see quite a few of those, some of them are the ones causing the lost. Determine which ones are the culprit (only you can tell because I don't know what you have been installing). Caution, removing any files here by mistake may cause issues.

If you determined the file causing the space lost, use internalz to delete that file(s).
    Last edited by greenskinredeyez; 11/10/2011 at 06:32 AM.
    I actually just sold my iPad because I am finding the Touchpad so useful. I have installed all the recommended patches and made the logging changes. And overclocking makes it quite fast. An HP case and a Boxwave screen protector and I am happy as a pig in mud. I am debating getting the touchstone now. I think if there was an hd app for evernote, it would be just about perfect for me.
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
    I love my Touchpad! And BIG thanks to the homebrew community! Talk about synergy! :-)

Katie
    stumblinh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post

Mine, since day 1 I put on the HP Folio case and I always afraid to hold TP at speakers side, due to I read that crack on TP speakers is common problem.
    I think the crack is mainly due to the folio case holding it too tight and the case is too thin around the speakers and the case material is not elastic or strong enough (of course it's a design issue). My 1st 32g in folio developed the crack, but the 32g in a different style case did not. I am not going to put the 2nd 32g in folio case although I bought one for it. I am waiting to buy a flexible, folio-like case for the 2nd 32g.
    That's the most sensible theory I've seen. I don't have cracks on mine and rarely hold in in a way that would put pressure on the case. I typically use the case stand or other method of propping the touchpad. The touchpad is relatively heavy, at least compared to our iPad so if the case material is thin as well it makes sense that it would be easy to crack the case with pressure from holding the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    I think the crack is mainly due to the folio case holding it too tight and the case is too thin around the speakers and the case material is not elastic or strong enough (of course it's a design issue). My 1st 32g in folio developed the crack, but the 32g in a different style case did not. I am not going to put the 2nd 32g in folio case although I bought one for it. I am waiting to buy a flexible, folio-like case for the 2nd 32g.
    I have a separate leather 3rd party case and ive hardly used it for that matter...i dont think anyone knows the exact cause of the cracks...just somethin you have to deal with cuz its a build problem
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    It may just be my inner geek, but I love the openness of the platform.
    ... and as a developer, webOS is absolutely fantastic to write for!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    When I can afford a laptop, I'll be looking into it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I'm super happy with my Touchpad too!

Android just doesn't feel the same after spending a lot of time with webOS. Cards just feel so natural and really make the device satisfying to use.

Stuff I've been doing:
    - Watching movies with KalemSoft Media Player
    - Reading the newspaper daily with the browser - I've been nothing but satisfied with Flash on the Touchpad too. Websites "just work".
    - checking twitter with Spaz HD
    - email in bed
    - playing with and developing SodaSynth HD

It's a shame the Pre3 isn't more widely available. After getting a Touchpad, it absolutely convinced me that the Pre3 should be my next phone instead of an Android.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It's a pity that many people take these so called tech sites as the gospel truth and never have experienced webOS for themselves.
    Every "so called" tech site have always praised WebOS but the implementation is what killed it with the tech sites. No they didn't follow the "getting started" thread to patch, kill the logging, and increase the clock speed but they did give proper reviews of the product as it came out of the box. Tech sites don't review the phones after they are rooted and running CM7. The reviews were very fair and from reading them I don't see any issues, especially how I remembered how underwhelmed I was when I first played with it before I had done all the tweaks. HP dropped the ball and so did Palm.

Palm hyped up the Pre and Pre 2 only to come out way past the estimated arrival and on cheap hardware. Don't blame the tech sites, blame HP and Palm for not living up to the potential of the OS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12