1.    #1  
    got the touchpad and loving it. I installed preware, but have not use it yet since I don't know wat to do with my touchpad and preware other than the web, emails, and that's it. I consume more contents than I create contents on the touchpad. So I was just wondering is it worth it for me to overclock? I don't want to get the battery even worse than wat I'm having rite now. I prolly charge my touchpad about twice a day is that normal for heavy web, emails use?
    I have overclocked since day 1 with my TP and it's great. My son will be on it for 3 or 4 hours straight playing online and watching TV shows and I will charge mine every few days. Maybe if he's [playing on it hard, once at the end of the night but never twice in a day.
    Check your plug to make sure its connected well. Maybe twist off the top and put it back on.
    Erich

**60% of the time, it works every time**
    Yes!
    When you consider that the 1.5Gz Qualcomm Dual Core Processor was likely UNDERclocked to 1.2Ghz in most standard HP Wifi TP's.. yes!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yes, it's worth it. Overclock it and turn logging down and it will be much faster. There is no reason why you should have to charge it twice a day unless you are on it CONSTANTLY from morning til night.
    You may also want to look at your brightness settings and when the screen turns off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    Yes, it's worth it. Overclock it and turn logging down and it will be much faster. There is no reason why you should have to charge it twice a day unless you are on it CONSTANTLY from morning til night.
    as of right now it's my main machine. I'm on it about 9am till late at nite couple hours break and that's it. I guess that's why! So now if I overclock it will I be able to get the next ota with preware and overclock? Or will I have to reinstall preware and overclock like how you loose your jaikbreak on iphone if you update your firmware. 1 more thing do I have to uninstall the kernel before making any firmware update?
    No. Very little gain if any......so why hassle with it?
    May I suggest:

1. Clocking to 1.5Ghz (its not overclocking if thats what the CPU was designed for!!!)

2. Installing these patches to enhance speed and smoothness of the UI

-Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    -Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    -Smooth Scrolling
    -Mojo Smooth scrolling
    -Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    -Unthrottle Download Manager
    -Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    -Muffle System Logging

All these things combined makes for a completely different experience.
    do as he says above, totally worth the experience