Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhargett View Post
    Your post has been delightfully helpful. You just explained that Grooveshark works on NOT the TouchPad. I appreciate your efforts. I regret that I can only "thank" and "like" your reply one time.

You're absolutely right. I shouldn't expect quality in what I pay for, be it hardware, software or services. I should either just accept whatever level of usability I get out of the products or go live without, but I should NEVER, EVER make my grievances public, in an effort to raise awareness.

The problem is, I don't WANT to use Grooveshark "on the web." The app, you see, is SUPPOSED to let the screen go off while my music continues to stream without interruption. I can't USE Grooveshark on the PC at my office because the encrypted network my PC is on is (with good reason) restricted to business purposes, but my company does allow me to use GS through the public WIFI offered, using my personal Touchpad. But in order for the web version of GS to keep playing, the screen has to stay on, and that drains the battery super-fast. <staff edit>
    Wow, what an unreasonable response. Your original post simply said you were having trouble using Grooveshark on your TP and indicated that you were only using the app, the response suggested using it via the web on the TP, which was a completely legitimate suggestion. How was anyone supposed to know that you have already tried that and that your battery is not good enough to do that and that you can't plug in your touchpad wherever it is you are trying to use Grooveshark and that you would apparently get personally offended by any otherwise legitimate suggestion that failed to account for all sorts of information you did not provide?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtoby View Post
    Wow, what an unreasonable response. Your original post simply said you were having trouble using Grooveshark on your TP and indicated that you were only using the app, the response suggested using it via the web on the TP, which was a completely legitimate suggestion. How was anyone supposed to know that you have already tried that and that your battery is not good enough to do that and that you can't plug in your touchpad wherever it is you are trying to use Grooveshark and that you would apparently get personally offended by any otherwise legitimate suggestion that failed to account for all sorts of information you did not provide?
    PLUS, didn't we all buy the TP knowing full well the state of affairs with WebOS? Btw I am on the latest de update with no sound issues at all. Could some of it be faulty TP's maybe?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I recall using the Browser version, worked fine, a little fiddly, but ok.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifftology View Post
    PLUS, didn't we all buy the TP knowing full well the state of affairs with WebOS? Btw I am on the latest de update with no sound issues at all. Could some of it be faulty TP's maybe?
    I didn't have the sound issue until 3.0.4.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtoby View Post
    I was telling people about a problem with the GrooveShark app. I wasn't looking for an alternative to the app, and never asked for one. I started by stating what version I was using and that it was broken, non-functional.

To suggest that I wouldn't know that GrooveShark was available on the web via Flash-enabled browser implies that I am some sort of halfwit.

I was more than a little perturbed when my grievance was dismissed with a casual, "Everything's wonderful in my happy-happy land! Sunshine! Unicorns! Obviously, you must be stupid if you try to use the app, *I* use the web version and have no problems at all! Also, you must have done something to screw up the audio on *your* Touchpad because my Touchpad gets up and starts the coffee, then makes me breakfast while I'm in the shower, all the while playing Chumbawumba's greatest hits through GrooveShark's website with sweet Beats Audio(TM)!"
    I was telling people about a problem with the GrooveShark app. I wasn't looking for an alternative to the app, and never asked for one. I started by stating what version I was using and that it was broken, non-functional.

To suggest that I wouldn't know that GrooveShark was available on the web via Flash-enabled browser implies that I am some sort of halfwit.

I was more than a little perturbed when my grievance was dismissed with a casual, "Everything's wonderful in my happy-happy land! Sunshine! Unicorns! Obviously, you must be stupid if you try to use the app, *I* use the web version and have no problems at all! Also, you must have done something to screw up the audio on *your* Touchpad because my Touchpad gets up and starts the coffee, then makes me breakfast while I'm in the shower, all the while playing Chumbawumba's greatest hits through GrooveShark's website with sweet Beats Audio(TM)!"
    Op, no one is suggesting you are a half-wit. Plenty of people on these forums try an app and not the website or vice-versa, it just doesn't dawn on them as we are still in the early days of this technology and people don't know what works (see for eg http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html).

There is a problem with the audio, well-documented on the forums, I've been using pulse audio app in preware to try and get my touchpad back to normal when it happens.

Lets move on.
    By the way, looks like another update (1.3.7) is out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #28  
    BIG UPDATE:

Just installed Grooveshark 1.3.7 - It solved EVERYTHING, I mean, for the most part. Playlists restored, continuous playback actually continuously plays (most of the time), even works more often than not in minimized mode. All in all, a vast improvement, it's pretty well restored to the last working version, but added full-screen mode.

Thanks, Grooveshark.
    johnjaycee likes this.
    Hey, I pay for the service in good faith that I'm receiving legitimate and cleared music. I'd pay for a different service, but they don't function on the ToePunisher, and don't offer apps to that end. I used to pay for Napster subscription service, but quit when I switched to Linux and I couldn't load my music any longer.
    Certainly you paid in good faith. And your faith has been rewarded essentially with all your money going directly into their (GS) pockets with minimal to no payment or accounting to the artists IF GS actually has the license to begin with. Plenty of articles of recent vintage on the interwebs.

If you just want your music without thinking or being concerned whether the service actually acts in "good faith" towards the art/artists you are streaming; then I understand.

Glad your update worked out for you!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12