1.    #1  
    Hello all !

Well, i bought a Touchpad (already owned) and... The guy installed the kernel F15c (obviously)

But ! He did a restore, and, as i can see everywhere on the forum, in order to uninstal the kernel, i should have installed the recovery kernel from preware. Alright.

BUT, my touchpad, which was not updated, did the update to 3.04... And when i boot it, i can't see the kernel F15C anymore (you know, that black screen with 2 beautiful F15 : o). I just see the HP logo.

=> So, does it mean, the update has overwrited the F15c kernel ? Or, should i instal a recovery kernel in order to make sure i have a proper touchpad? (it is for my girlfriend, you know )

Thanks !

Vincent

edit: oh and by the way, nothing about any kernel when i open govnah
    Sounds a bit like 3.0.4 re-installed the Palm Default Kernel for you.
    Other stable release Kernels also show you only the HP Logo on booting.
    Test Kernels show you the script so that you know it IS a 'test' release only.

If you need speed you can reinstall other Kernels via first installing 'Preware' etc on your machine and working from Palm Default.. yes.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Sounds a bit like 3.0.4 re-installed the Palm Default Kernel for you.
    Other stable release Kernels also show you only the HP Logo on booting.
    Test Kernels show you the script so that you know it IS a 'test' release only.

If you need speed you can reinstall other Kernels via first installing 'Preware' etc on your machine and working from Palm Default.. yes.

Well, i presume, jumping from a loading with a script to a hp logo, is the evidence that i now run the official kernel

oh, by the way, does gevnah tell us if we are running on a standard kernel or not? Because i said there was nothing about an "unofficial" kernel in the app, but i didn't check before the update...
    1). Yes.

2). Govnah shooould have a pretty clear idea of what kernel you are running.. 'Palm Default'.. 'On Demand 1.5 - 1.7Ghz'.. etc.

Have you updated/re-installed the Govnah 'App' since 3.0.4 jumped into the machine?

5.    #5  
    yup, (well i can't recall if i installed before or after the update), but anyway, it is the last version of preware

... (prety sure i did it after) and, indeed it is palm default at the moment.

Thanks a lot ! i was hoping someone had experienced something like that... But i don't think i should fear for my touchpad anyway
    Great.. maybe worth using your latest version of 'Preware' to ensure that you have the latest version of 'Govnah' etc etc. too!

TP should be fine.. and now you can update and tweak to your (girlfriends) heart's content!

Enjoy!