1. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Ok so every time i hit the sleep button on the side or the power button, whatever. normally my touchpad would always just go black and sleep. Now when i do it, it goes to a stupid clock animation first and then i have to hit it again for it to fall asleep. How do i turn this off?

Edit: Its called exhibition mode. I want to turn it off.
    Can't turn it off. It's a "feature".
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    Ok so every time i hit the sleep button on the side or the power button, whatever. normally my touchpad would always just go black and sleep. Now when i do it, it goes to a stupid clock animation first and then i have to hit it again for it to fall asleep. How do i turn this off?

Edit: Its called exhibition mode. I want to turn it off.
    I assume it is on your touchstone. If it's on the touchstone for charging it automatically goes into exhibition mode after a certain period of time. Just hit the power button a second time (as you have been doing) so the screen goes dark. You might also want to turn off your wireless so it doesn't wake up for notifications...
  4. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    crazy thing...i dont have a touchstone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    crazy thing...i dont have a touchstone!!
    That's happened to me before as well, particularly when charging over USB. Weird. Have you done the usual obvious things (i.e. restart the device)? Are you running a custom kernel or any patches of note?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)