1.    #1  
    hi
    i have had my touchpad for about 4 months and i am enjoying using it. 3 days ago i turned it on to find the majority of my icons are missing from the download section - mainly paid apps. in the "device info" the disk space still stands as it did previously so the apps are there in spirit but not showing. any ideas how to get them back or do i have to do a complete erase and start again?
    did they show up on another tab? Are you using a theme or any launcher patches?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did they show up on another tab? Are you using a theme or any launcher patches?
    hi

no they have not shown up anywhere and my touchpad has no theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by fukari View Post
    hi
    i have had my touchpad for about 4 months and i am enjoying using it. 3 days ago i turned it on to find the majority of my icons are missing from the download section - mainly paid apps. in the "device info" the disk space still stands as it did previously so the apps are there in spirit but not showing. any ideas how to get them back or do i have to do a complete erase and start again?
    Now I do not feel crazy. I just got a TP and the same thing just happened to me.
    I installed preware and about 6 patches that other people have suggested to do.
    Have no idea if patches are still active but I do know that several apps disappeared.
    Preware is gone. Internetz is gone
    Kindle stopped working
    Adobe Reader icon went blank in software manager
    I had installed HBO Go and Netflix shortcut icons and they are gone!
    Not sure what happened or why it happened. I am in the process of starting over and see if it happens again.
    I have had this problem after i installed the " remove -reduce launcher tab" patch......just uninstall it if it is yr case
  6.    #6  
    thanks for your help but unfortuneately this is not the answer to my problem
    I just had this happen to me. I had been messing around with the Ubuntu Chroot, borked it, uninstalled it and then, using Internalz, deleted the directory. Internalz complained about some permissions, I think, so I just restarted and when I did, the bulk of my app icons were gone, as was preware and most homebrew apps. The funny thing is that even though it was obvious the patches were still working, after I reinstalled preware, the patches didn't show up as being installed.

I've been reinstalling apps and I haven't really lost any settings, all the bookmarks are still in the Advanced browser, Glimpse still has all of it's settings - both after reinstalling. Gemini and Dropboxify both logged back into Dropbox without any input. Essentially, all of the apps are still there, just hidden.

It seems better for me to just re-install apps than to Dr. and have to enter all that stuff again. I don't know what the issue really was - maybe the App database was corrupted?. I had a bunch of icons disappear once before, not long after I had bought the TP but a reboot brought all of the icons back.
    Try a Luna reboot. . .
    Had no problems at all before till today.

Happened when I installed three apps (not patches) in one go through Preware and did a final restart.

Basically all icons of installed apps disappeared apart from those pre-installed Apps one gets in a new Touchpad.

But all settings, photos, books and videos etc, remain. Just icons missing and I believe their corresponding Apps are not installed as evident from HP Apps Catalog or Software Manager.

Installing the desired Apps, get back to where I was, including to the page of a book I was reading!

I do not have any themes or launcher patches.
    I haven't seen any missing icons, but three times I have tried to connect the TP to a Windoz machine and windows sees it but can't mount it. The TP crashes and reboots and most of icons are moved to different launcher cards. Even got some gold plated cables as mentioned in another post and it still has that problem. I have a number of Preware patches but not any launcher patches