1.    #1  
    My TP decided to update itself to 3.0.4 overnight. I've given it about a week and it really sucks. My touchstone doesn't work in my aftermarket case anymore, by accelerometer doesn't work in games, I can't tell which of my preware patches work anymore, and definitely can't figure out what's going on with the patches I installed manually from this forum. Also, it goes through the battery much much faster now.

I haven't noticed any improvements with 3.0.4, my TP was set up perfectly and I spent a lot of time customizing and patching. I always said "no" to the 3.0.4 update.

It's gonna take a lot of work to doctor back and reinstall everything.

Is that the only fix? Also, how do I backup and restore all of my application data after restarting everything? I have some apps that I installed manually that aren't available in the app store too.
    "Ouchpad!"

That's infurating for you!

There is this: Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals
    That you may choose to explore.

Apparently unless you 'physically block' the updates, Big Brother decides for you that you can only keep saying 'No Thanks' for a couple of weeks, then just blitzes you while you sleep anyway!

The reason for this is so that everything (including patches & apps) all get updated within a short(ish) timeperiod and thus remain compatible across the board.. with 'everything'.. and each other.. a lot tidier in theory, than having to continue to administer diferent 'versions' of backwards compatible 'everything' I suppose!

HP Apps should still be there to auto re-download I believe.. but not sure if your Preware patches are still on a 'saved list' somewhere?

Did you stash your manually installed patch files on another machine also?

As I understand it 'Doctoring' is the only way to go actually 'backwards' OS-wise.. yes.

3.    #3  
    yes I think I have save the manual patches. but how do I backup all my application data?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    yes I think I have save the manual patches. but how do I backup all my application data?
    Good.. that helps a bit.

Any 'HP Apps' should re-load from your existing profile.. so providing you register the same profile after 'Doctoring', they should come back to your machine OK, via auto OTA download. All your own Pics & Docs files etc also remain.

Preware Patches and Apps may already be on your 'saved list' for 3.0.4 - have you checked? But if you choose to 'Doctor' back to 3.0.2 you may well have to reload as I understand it.. but please check out further elsewhere here, as I might, hopefully, be wrong on that?

5.    #5  
    what is the saved list? it shows my patches as installed but some of them are working and some not. i uninstalled a couple, and then they're not showing up in preware anymore. it's just really annoying now. i'd deal with it if there was a fix for accelerometer, charging on touchstone, and battery life. but those 3 things require me to doctor it seems like.

what about progress in games for example?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    what is the saved list? it shows my patches as installed but some of them are working and some not. i uninstalled a couple, and then they're not showing up in preware anymore. it's just really annoying now. i'd deal with it if there was a fix for accelerometer, charging on touchstone, and battery life. but those 3 things require me to doctor it seems like.

what about progress in games for example?
    'Saved Package List' is in Preware, drop down list top left. Then 'Install All // Update'.

Also did you ever install/run 'Save/Restore' from Preware?
    There is also 'Emergency Patch Recovery', 'Emergency Patch Installer' & 'Emergency Services Enabler' etc in Preware 'Linux Apps', that you may wish to research further before 'Doctoring' too.

There are rumours of 3.0.5 in the pipline.. but (OMG) that probably doesn't comfort you much from your present perspective!!

Hopefully though, 3.0.5 will repair all the 3.0.4 stuff ups. How long? Well.. 'by the end of next month' is HP's favourite way of saying 'soon'.. but who knows!

Maybe check this out for some better informed clues too:

WebOS Survival Kit - WebOS Internals

I wish you luck with your further research & choices.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/06/2011 at 08:45 PM.
  7.    #7  
    all the installed patches show up in preware, but some are not working.

i have save/restore installed, but don't know how that works