Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    $348? that's almost ridiculous.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    $348? that's almost ridiculous.
    The $348 is for the cheapest laptop in the promotion. The cheapest bundle price is $497.
    Not bad considering that bestbuy had to be 650 laptop

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Maybe it also depends upon whether HP's previous 'threat' to pull out of PC's altogether, still holds any (behind the scenes) 'water'?

Do We know the whole story? Do they even?

It's looking more and more like a big 'sell-off' from this perspective anway!

I can't wait for the average Wal-Mart consumer to be all over our review catalog, and forums.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Good of HP to completely lie to its customers and send out an email stating they had no more in stock and for them not to send any of these to the thousands of orders that were still pending at places like CostCentral, but instead to flood Best Buy, Walmart and other retailers with Touchpad's so that they could bundle them with their mediocre laptops. Not another cent goes to HP from me.
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post

The laptop I bought as part of the Best Buy bundle package was $380.

(For whatever it is worth, my post earlier in this thread was made from my new Touchpad, while this post was made from my new laptop.)
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Good of HP to completely lie to its customers and send out an email stating they had no more in stock and for them not to send any of these to the thousands of orders that were still pending at places like CostCentral, but instead to flood Best Buy, Walmart and other retailers with Touchpad's so that they could bundle them with their mediocre laptops. Not another cent goes to HP from me.
    It seems to be very clear that hp has to rethink previous decision and if a change in direction makes business sense. Hopefully the outcome will be that the product will survive and improvements will happen which also benefit current owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    In truth they said: '.. we are officially out of stock. Some retailers will have some stock available, but our online inventory is depleted..'

In otherwords 'We are TELLING you we are out of stock.. we have in fact handed ALL our remaining stock of TP's (& Notebooks?) to the likes of BB & Wallfart.. so don't even think about trying to buy any of this stuff directly off us.. especially 'online'.. Byeee'!!!

Who cares, as long as the Touch Pads are still selling. With Christmas around the corner I am sure they won't be for long.

Well, the laptop I got when I took advantage of the Best Buy bundle was almost half that - $329.99. My son is very happy now to have his own TP and a new laptop for college...

Katie
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Who cares, as long as the Touch Pads are still selling. With Christmas around the corner I am sure they won't be for long.

I don't really!

I observe with interest however!
    But I do wonder just how many units HP ditched?

I don't get HP. Why do they decide to start offering bundles after they cancel the TouchPad? Surely this strategy should have been tried out before canceling the TouchPad.

The laptop I purchased at Best Buy was $380.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    unlike Best Buy.... Walmart has a very friendly return policy. Last Christmas, a relative gave my daughter a HP desktop computer. She did need it.(well, it was one of those cheap PCs ) We took it to the local Walmart 25 miles away. We had no receipt and they just gave us a Walmart merchandise card(store credit?) for almost $400. It was used on groceries during the next few weeks.

If I buy the Walmart HP laptop & Touchpad bundle, can't I just return the HP laptop for a store credit? My family shops at Walmart all the time, so the credit can be put to good use.

(as long as the HP laptop is sold regularly at Walmart store or website, I don't see how they will refuse to issue a store credit for return without receipt, as long as you haven't made 3 or more returns within the last 6 months)
    Last edited by friedscones; 11/08/2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    If I buy the Walmart HP PC & Touchpad bundle, can't I just return the HP PC for a store credit? My family shops at Walmart all the time, so the credit can be put to good use.
    Perhaps you could ask and settle the question of whether HP is dictating the terms of the bundles.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Office Depot is selling the TouchPad PC bundle beginning Black Friday.
    IF OD is doing it, I expect a similar announcement by Staples and the others

HP TouchPad Tablets Re-Emerge at Office Depot to Help Customers Fulfill Their Holiday Wish Lists - Bloomberg
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Office Depot is selling the TouchPad PC bundle beginning Black Friday.
    IF OD is doing it, I expect a similar announcement by Staples and the others

HP TouchPad Tablets Re-Emerge at Office Depot to Help Customers Fulfill Their Holiday Wish Lists - Bloomberg
    I wonder where all this additional stock of Touchpads is coming from if HP is out of stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    I wonder where all this additional stock of Touchpads is coming from if HP is out of stock?
    sure feels like HP has unloaded all remaining Touchpads to an outside 3rd party company
    that specializes is liquidating discontinued electronics. that's probably a cheaper solution
    for HP, for tax purposes.

F7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast