Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    I wonder where all this additional stock of Touchpads is coming from if HP is out of stock?
    When I recall how HP's online ordering system was brought to its knees by the fire sale, I'd like to think they learned from that and decided to distribute the remainder of the 'last run' to the retailers who coped with the volume the best and could bundle it with other HP hardware to not bleed as much red ink from the process.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    <duplicate>
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    unlike Best Buy.... Walmart has a very friendly return policy. Last Christmas, a relative gave my daughter a HP desktop computer. She did need it.(well, it was one of those cheap PCs ) We took it to the local Walmart 25 miles away. We had no receipt and they just gave us a Walmart merchandise card(store credit?) for almost $400. It was used on groceries during the next few weeks.

If I buy the Walmart HP laptop & Touchpad bundle, can't I just return the HP laptop for a store credit? My family shops at Walmart all the time, so the credit can be put to good use.

(as long as the HP laptop is sold regularly at Walmart store or website, I don't see how they will refuse to issue a store credit for return without receipt, as long as you haven't made 3 or more returns within the last 6 months)
    I doubt there is a store on earth that would take back a computer without a receipt.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I doubt there is a store on earth that would take back a computer without a receipt.

Walmart does... and already did it without any problems.

The manager(MOD) said it was fine, as long as I understood that the store credit
    (Walmart gift card) will only be issued in the amount of the HP laptop alone. Also,
    no credit for the expedited shipping cost. The laptop was sealed/unopened...
    so they didn't care. Fine by me.

As always, it's YMMV... but there are so many Walmarts.
    Only do this is you shop at Walmarts regularly... or else it's kind
    of hard to spend almost $400 in Walmart gift card.

the gift card is already down to $57... spent it on office supplies and groceries.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    With Walmart, if it's in its original packaging and everything appears to be there, I could believe it. As long as the UPC is still in their system, they will accept almost anything for returns.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    Walmart does... and already did it without any problems.

The manager(MOD) said it was fine, as long as I understood that the store credit
    (Walmart gift card) will only be issued in the amount of the HP laptop alone. Also,
    no credit for the expedited shipping cost. The laptop was sealed/unopened...
    so they didn't care. Fine by me.

As always, it's YMMV... but there are so many Walmarts.
    Only do this is you shop at Walmarts regularly... or else it's kind
    of hard to spend almost $400 in Walmart gift card.

the gift card is already down to $57... spent it on office supplies and groceries.
    It's official Walmart Policy.

Returns Policy - Walmart.com

What's Walmart's No Receipt returns policy?

Walmart's No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. You have the option of a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25) or an even exchange for the product. We also follow any manufacturer's warranties. You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.
    Just to highlight that it's not just Wal-crap, I've taken stuff back to Home Depot many times without a receipt. As long as the barcode is still on it and scans, e.g. sku is still active, they'll give a store credit with no questions.

...ken...
    Per the Wal-Mart return policy, computers require a receipt and must be returned within 15 days. This is the norm for electronics at most retailers:

http://walmartstores.com/7658.apex
    Per Walmart's bundling policy -
    Bundle return policy is the same as an idividual items in electronics but have to returned together with all items together (each item can not be returned alone/seperately).
    ...that's not to say that it couldn't be successfully done but it cannot be 'officially' done.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Is the bundle deal not available anymore at Walmart or bestbuy?
    Im looking for the bundle as well. I cant find it anywhere.
    The bundles were a limited-time thing.
    wow, buying the bundle then returning the laptop seems pretty sneaky! As long as they went for it I suppose, its not like I care if Wal-Mart gets swindled (they're making money either way.)

I was able to get mine at Best Buy with a $380 laptop, it worked out since my parents wanted a 17" laptop anyways
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12