Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I was financially strapped and not able to get my TouchPad during the fire sale. I happily picked up a 32gb for $230 on Craigs List a few weeks later. So, just wondering, what did you pay post fire sale? Best $230 I ever spent.
    $240 for my first 32GB

$180 for my second one.
    $200 for my 16 gig. Wishing I could afford a 32gb....

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Paid $285 Aud on ebay..16gb...was brand new In box...loving it! use it constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    Paid $285 Aud on ebay..16gb...was brand new In box...loving it! use it constantly.
    I was lucky enough to get one in the HP employee sale but my wife really likes books and having used the kindle app I have bought another one from ebay for £200 (new EU version in sealed box) as a Xmas pressie. I still think its excellent value compared to the more popular alternatives.
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    $200 for my 16gb TouchPad a couple days after the fire sale. Totally worth it.
    $129.99, after Costco price matched!
    150 plus 6 percent tax so 159 for 32gb on sunday when bestbuy.com put them on firesale.. Got it 4 days later. Paid $10 ebay for spare charger, $20 for case on ebay thats better than the hp case and $45 ebay for keyboard. So $235. But i dont use it. Have ipad2. Three twenty five if anyone wants the whole shebang.
    I paid $260 for my HP Touchpad 32GB and Touchstone charger as a bundle on Amazon.com
    $135 for my 32GB (using a coupon code through the HP website on the first night of the fire-sale) plus shipping.
    After my 4 from HP, I brought 5 from craigslist for friends, family and a co-worker:

(1) 32Gb for $200
    (3) 32Gb for $215
    (1) 16Gb for $150
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kana View Post
    $129.99, after Costco price matched!
    What price were they matching? Shouldn't it be 99.99 then...

After my original purchase on day one @ 599.99, I later got 2 32gb for 150, 4 more off of craigslist.

Each one I got was NIB.
    32gb with ts & case = $285
    32gb with ts & case = $290
    32gb with case = $240
    16gb = $140 or $180 (forgot which one)

the extra ones I picked up were for family members and an friend.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 11/06/2011 at 12:42 PM.
    Perhaps this thread should be about who owns more than one post firesale TouchPad.. and why!

^Although I've brought many, I only own one.

The why is, as you already know, the TouchPad is awesome and having had mine for a month now, most of my friends and family have seen it. And without a doubt their two immediate questions are: is that an iPad? (hell no lol) and then where can I get one? or better can you get me one?

So that is why I brought so many after the fire sale and listed what I brought them for, which is what the op asked.
    Michael Smith likes this.
    First was a NIB 32gb was 245 shipped off ebay, bday gift for wife who wanted a kindle.

Then I snagged 3 16gb's for 580 shipped (NIB ~194ea) one for me and two for my kids for xmas who also wanted kindle's this year..

Snagged two bt keyboards and 4 cases off HP's site for a steal (~100 after coupons discounts)
    Snagged three NIB charging touchstone docks for 125 shipped (42ea) off ebay (for anyone not doing it.. really imo the only reason to get a touchstone is that it makes the best alarm clock ever with "simple clock" app you get a great alarm clock that includes weather and all and can play music etc (setup in exhibition mode)

Way better than those kindle fire's and with any luck it will stay that way for at least a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post

The why is, as you already know, the TouchPad is awesome and having had mine for a month now, most of my friends and family have seen it. And without a doubt their two immediate questions are: is that an iPad? (hell no lol) and then where can I get one? or better can you get me one?

So that is why I brought so many after the fire sale and listed what I brought them for, which is what the op asked.
    If im reading your post right you bought Touchpads after the fire sale and listed them for what you bought them for? So you really didnt make anything off of them? I guess i dont see the point in buying a bunch then just reselling them for the same price?
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post

All Cool.. I totally get that.. and it is an awesome unit!
    I have been asked the same.. but supply in Aus. dried up very quickly post firesale.

$180 Craigslist with the HP case. Really impressed with the performance and quality.
    (WiFi could be better though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    If im reading your post right you bought Touchpads after the fire sale and listed them for what you bought them for? So you really didnt make anything off of them? I guess i dont see the point in buying a bunch then just reselling them for the same price?
    Maybe 'rico2001' is simply not a profiteering capitalist when it comes to his friend's and family's needs and requests?

Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    Yes it wouldn't make sense to resell at cost to strangers. Every TP I brought from either HP and craigslist, I brought for someone I personally know. I didn't make anything over cost except a few "thank you" tips and gas money for running around the city hunting down TPs. Since the first one, I've sort of turned into my friends, family, co-workers Touchpad guru/administrator (lol) since I installed preware and all the tweaks for all 9 of them.

WebOS and the TP is too good not to share with your friends and family.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast