Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just bought a used hp touchpad that had preware, etc on it. When I turn it on, it scrolls multiple lines on it like with Linux, and takes a long time to boot. I did a secure erase, and it still does it. Is this normal and if not, would webdoc fix it? I have a Palm Pre so used to using WebOs and patches.
    Try reverting to the stock kernel. Some of the beta kernels do that.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Specific kernels from Preware do this for debugging issues (or just to look cool). It doesn't prolong the booting process and it might just seem like a placebo. How long does it take for you Touchpad to boot?

If it's more than 2 minutes, then its an issue. If not, its normal.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Specific kernels from Preware do this for debugging issues (or just to look cool). It doesn't prolong the booting process and it might just seem like a placebo. How long does it take for you Touchpad to boot?

If it's more than 2 minutes, then its an issue. If not, its normal.
    It takes about 2 min or less. I don't know what kernel the previous owner put on, and have not yet loaded preware, etc yet. thanks
    I think the other reason for Test Kernels to to scroll visibly is so that you KNOW you have a possibly unstable Kernel installed!

Once you have Preware Installed you can reinstall stock and other kernels and set their operating parameters in 'Govnah'.

Enjoy!