Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I'm well aware of what was included with 3.0.4
    I didn't say it had more bugs than features. I said

If I don't use a feature that it added, then it doesn't tip the scales one
    way or the other. Unlike some, I'm not trying to convince other people
    that these features should matter even if they don't use them. There are bug fixes in
    3.0.4 I very much want, but the bugs I had to deal with repeatedly every day
    were a bigger headache than the bugs I have to deal with in 3.0.2.
    Given that the TP is first and foremost a multmedia device for me, the
    sound issue was a show stopper. How many people would put up
    with rebooting their home PC 3-4 times a day?

ian
    ok makes sense then
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    no haha im not trolling im just saying its annoying when people say 3.0.2 is better without some facts....there is a 3.0.4 bug tracking thread that people should complain over there.
    I think most people have posted at the bug tracking thread. I think they have also called webOS Butler to get help with some of these problems. I know I spent hours working my way through level 1 and level 2 before I could get someone at level 3 who actually had some knowledge of the TP.

I don't expect the TP to do anymore than HP originally promised with the TP. For example, I don't think they ever promised that the TP would pair with every phone. However, they improved the pairing for non-webOS phones with 3.0.4. That's great that they did that...

However, they broke things that are basic--like the touchstone charging--and that no one previously had a problem with. They sold me both a cover and touchstone that were supposed to work together (and did). Now I have to buy other covers--so they've wasted my time trying to track down the problem and they've wasted my money.

An update is supposed to make things better--not worse. Most of the things they improved already had patches or work arounds. Now there are things broken that can't be worked around--like the sound issue. We are all now patiently waiting for HP to get it right in the next update.
    Maybe fortunately...I am not experiencing any problems with my TP at all really. I mean not any problems that I wouldnt expect from time to time with a computer you know? its not PERFECT, but dang, its pretty freaking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifftology View Post
    Maybe fortunately...I am not experiencing any problems with my TP at all really. I mean not any problems that I wouldnt expect from time to time with a computer you know? its not PERFECT, but dang, its pretty freaking good.
    If they fix the sound and the touchstone charging issues I'll be pretty happy. I still like my TP--I just want it to work as well as it did with 3.0.2.
    vella_ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    If they fix the sound and the touchstone charging issues I'll be pretty happy. I still like my TP--I just want it to work as well as it did with 3.0.2.
    ditto!
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    dont have the touchstone and i havent had any volume issues
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234