Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    The point is that Ari and webos team should know that Glu, Gameloft and EA are not going to update their apps.

    What for? Webos is not growing numbers and consumers and they have maximised their potential sales thereby invalidating the need for modification or app development.

    changing accelerometer levels, slowing down graphic intensive apps only shows that the people at WEBOS are short sighted....
    ....That is why Apple, Google and Palm/HP, RIMM are where they are right now

    Wow where do you begin..

    If you put out an app that people pay for (different story on free appz) at a MINIMUM that dev should update and tweak as needed on ANY and ALL officially released platforms for at least one full year WITH OUT QUESTION! If you don't plan on providing proper updates and support for this app it should be given away for free and noted no future support clearly OR pulled from the app market. Webos doesn't even have a sealed fait yet, upsetting customers that could cause a negative impact across all platforms is flat out bone headed. What business model do you think allows for this and will keep a company thriving long term? Boy you guys don't think 3' in front of you, I certainly hope these dev's and companies are not this short sighted as it WILL REFLECT in future business regardless of platform. You screw people and don't stand behind a product, news travels fast.. people impacted don't forget.
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/06/2011 at 07:58 AM.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    3.0.4 runs sooo much smoother compared to 3.0.2 and the accelerometer is probably "not working" because the apps need to be updated...the 3.0.4 update is huge in my opinion!
    I'm all for being positive about the improvements, but auto-dimming when it's turned off bug reintroduced, both my wife & I having to restart every other day because of the sound distortion bug, and some very strange behavior with (at least in our case - 2 TouchPads) flash videos loading much slower. Are we simply supposed to stay quiet & not let HP they have some things to work on?

    Oh, did I mention that my email is now blank when I click on notifications. It isn't until I re-tap the email that it finally shows up in the email.

    Is this post for real, or are you trolling us? HP should constantly strive to improve the product as long as it's their product. This release broke as much as it fixed, and that's not something to stay quiet about.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

    Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
  3. #43  
    I really like 3.0.4 over 3.0.2 and don't have any issues besides the auto correct is worse, most everything else is better IMO. No its not perfect, no Rom version or update on any platform ever is, but 3.0.4 does seem fix more old bugs than some new ones it may be causing for some users.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Myn’s Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
  4. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Wow where do you begin..

    If you put out an app that people pay for (different story on free appz) at a MINIMUM that dev should update and tweak as needed on ANY and ALL officially released platforms for at least one full year WITH OUT QUESTION! If you don't plan on providing proper updates and support for this app it should be given away for free and noted no future support clearly OR pulled from the app market. Webos doesn't even have a sealed fait yet, upsetting customers that could cause a negative impact across all platforms is flat out bone headed. What business model do you think allows for this and will keep a company thriving long term? Boy you guys don't think 3' in front of you, I certainly hope these dev's and companies are not this short sighted as it WILL REFLECT in future business regardless of platform. You screw people and don't stand behind a product, news travels fast.. people impacted don't forget.

    sure everyone in this world is rational and believes that the process you mentioned is their only saving grace. Not!

    and not just Devs, we have seen the same case with OEMs as well. They receive android for free but how many OEMs take the pain to update their phones to latest android verson. Hardly, cause they want to sell new ones.

    These devs like Gameloft and Glu know that in a dying platform it makes no ROI sense to update apps. Devs and companies think about ROI before they think of brand value. This is since they know consumers of webos are going to switch sooner than later to another platform if webos support is killed and their "good" apps are going to sell there. Reviews are based on apps on their respective platform and only a chimp would give them bad reviews on say an android a market with what they did with their webos apps.

    Not just me, but the word is out on the street that all devs are fed up with 3.0.4. Which means its not devs fault that they dont update its webos' fault. And informed consumers will obviously not blame Devs for that.
  5. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #45  
    I am going to summarize good and bad things of 3.0.4. You choose the winner!
    Feel free to add to this if I have left out anything

    GOOD

    1. smoother browser
    2. faster scrolling in market
    3. lesser lag

    BAD

    1. Broken Accelerometer in apps
    2. Distorted sound
    3. No sound bug
    4. Touchstone sensitivity - cannot charge with case
    5. Auto Correction bug
    6. Auto Dim bug
    7. Lag in apps - need to card and play again to remove lag

    These are generally confirmed bugs faced by people who have doctored also. So please no excuses or telling to Doctor Doctor.

    Please explain OP and supporters of this update since you are so minuscule in number, how on earth is this an update, leave alone a good update. It is more like going backward.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Most of us dont know or want to Overclock cause of warranty issues and other things.

    Three things:

    If you are remotely interested in patching and overclocking, there are two apps, Preware Homebrew Documentation Guide, and WOSQI Homebrew, for $0.99, that walk you through it in baby-steps. Full of pictures. If you can read, then you can do it!

    I don't know about patching the heck out of your TouchPad, the ~20 patches I have on my TouchPad, pales compared to the ~75 I have on my Pre-. That's after the "Advanced" series of patches from Sconix, prior to that, it was closer to 150-175.

    What warranty issues? There hasn't been a SINGLE case of a warranty being denied. HP did donate a $10,000 server to webOS Internals as seen here
    http://www.precentral.net/hp-donates...nternals-group
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. ak1229's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Three things:

    If you are remotely interested in patching and overclocking, there are two apps, Preware Homebrew Documentation Guide, and WOSQI Homebrew, for $0.99, that walk you through it in baby-steps. Full of pictures. If you can read, then you can do it!

    I don't know about patching the heck out of your TouchPad, the ~20 patches I have on my TouchPad, pales compared to the ~75 I have on my Pre-. That's after the "Advanced" series of patches from Sconix, prior to that, it was closer to 150-175.

    What warranty issues? There hasn't been a SINGLE case of a warranty being denied. HP did donate a $10,000 server to webOS Internals as seen here
    http://www.precentral.net/hp-donates...nternals-group
    I spoke about overclocking and warranty. and overclocking does void warranty.

    Also the point of that post was that the updates are not that great or issue free or even like a breeze as some here like the OP claim. IF they were, we wouldnt need patches.

    In fact all credit goes to webos internals and homebrew for making the experience easier for Webos consumers. HP/Palm not so much, at least directly.

    And as I mentioned in the above post, 3.0.4 breaks more than it fixes. It is about time some of the people here come to accept that and stop defending and blaming people with issues.

    It hurts that they made our experience of TP worse by giving us 3.0.4 but it hurts more when a few people here try to put down our issues and/or blame us for complaining.
    Really?
  8. #48  
    If you read my post on the first page, I also agree that the update wasn't that great.....in my opinion. However there were several things that it did fix, but as I had already purchased apps to work around those issues, they were insignificant to me.

    As for overclocking and warranty. I've had a Palm Pre- since January 2010, I will be receiving my 7th Palm Pre, on warranty, this week. I have overclocked each and every single one of them. Sorry, overclocking does NOT mean exclusively that your warranty WILL be voided, but they reserve the right to do so.

    I totally agree with everything you said, except for the whole warranty issue
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    sure everyone in this world is rational and believes that the process you mentioned is their only saving grace. Not!

    and not just Devs, we have seen the same case with OEMs as well. They receive android for free but how many OEMs take the pain to update their phones to latest android verson. Hardly, cause they want to sell new ones.

    These devs like Gameloft and Glu know that in a dying platform it makes no ROI sense to update apps. Devs and companies think about ROI before they think of brand value. This is since they know consumers of webos are going to switch sooner than later to another platform if webos support is killed and their "good" apps are going to sell there. Reviews are based on apps on their respective platform and only a chimp would give them bad reviews on say an android a market with what they did with their webos apps.

    Not just me, but the word is out on the street that all devs are fed up with 3.0.4. Which means its not devs fault that they dont update its webos' fault. And informed consumers will obviously not blame Devs for that.
    I guess it depends on how they calculate ROI, every company is different.. but I dont know a single company that doesn't see potential for returns with over a million users. After this year if all projected numbers have been hit for sales.. maybe then a slow ANNOUNCED withdrawl would be in order. Keep in mind many of these tp's are to be gifted in the up coming months leaving a lot of low hanging fruit for good appz that work. Granted over time if the OS goes unsupported and no progress is made there will be a time to abandon, BUT the real beauty is none of the appz will break if there are not changes in the OS so it's a mute point. Again at least for now with over a million units out there this device is #2 in the tablet market.. and basically all are and will be running webos, so app purchases are just starting for a good majority of users, so tons of apps to be purchased over the next few months.

    I do agree though that depending on how things play out, there maybe a time where there will not be a good ROI, but right now is not that time. I would say if I had full teams working on appz I would start to re-organize as the year ends, but I certainly wouldn't throw in the towel as there is still huge potential for a very high ROI. The funny thing is ROI possibility is actually 100x higher now with the huge user base than it was a few months ago.. back to seeing only 3' in front of you. Dev's were happy making appz for a device with fairly slow sales, but not a device that took over the lead for a few months and now has a gigantic base? really?

    Another note, customer service does need to be considered, if I buy your app and you screw me.. you won't get my business for some time if ever! I will go out of my way to avoid and I will also steer all contacts in my circle away from your software/business.
    Last edited by stumblinh; 11/06/2011 at 04:47 PM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I'm all for being positive about the improvements, but auto-dimming when it's turned off bug reintroduced, both my wife & I having to restart every other day because of the sound distortion bug, and some very strange behavior with (at least in our case - 2 TouchPads) flash videos loading much slower. Are we simply supposed to stay quiet & not let HP they have some things to work on?

    Oh, did I mention that my email is now blank when I click on notifications. It isn't until I re-tap the email that it finally shows up in the email.

    Is this post for real, or are you trolling us? HP should constantly strive to improve the product as long as it's their product. This release broke as much as it fixed, and that's not something to stay quiet about.
    no haha im not trolling im just saying its annoying when people say 3.0.2 is better without some facts....there is a 3.0.4 bug tracking thread that people should complain over there.
  11. #51  
    Wordpress stopped working for me and I've always blamed it on the fact Wordpress failed to keep up with the OS updates. I used it a lot and now can't. You make a valid point (although I still hope the updates come).


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I understand where you are coming from. I don't game the developers for jumping ship when they are not supported. At this time Hope is all we have.



    Sent from Communities. I am the webOS 1%
  12. #52  
    Ak1229 I just can't figure out why there are so many people who are talking about all these problems, and aside from the audio buzzing bug happening to me once, I have not experienced any of these at all, ever, on 3.0.4 on two different units.

    My gf's was dropping audio, but it turns out that she was turning the media volume all the way down, and wondering why the system volume was still up and no media would play.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Ak1229 I just can't figure out why there are so many people who are talking about all these problems, and aside from the audio buzzing bug happening to me once, I have not experienced any of these at all, ever, on 3.0.4 on two different units.

    My gf's was dropping audio, but it turns out that she was turning the media volume all the way down, and wondering why the system volume was still up and no media would play.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    right there with you man...i havent found like any problems yet..the sound problem i only experienced on the cm7 mod when i was still on 3.0.2 webOS lol again maybe 3.0.3 can be a solution for people having troubles with 3.0.4...3.0.3 includes speed improvements and the camera app...jus sayin :P
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    I am going to summarize good and bad things of 3.0.4. You choose the winner!
    Feel free to add to this if I have left out anything

    GOOD

    1. smoother browser
    2. faster scrolling in market
    3. lesser lag

    BAD

    1. Broken Accelerometer in apps
    2. Distorted sound
    3. No sound bug
    4. Touchstone sensitivity - cannot charge with case
    5. Auto Correction bug
    6. Auto Dim bug
    7. Lag in apps - need to card and play again to remove lag

    These are generally confirmed bugs faced by people who have doctored also. So please no excuses or telling to Doctor Doctor.

    Please explain OP and supporters of this update since you are so minuscule in number, how on earth is this an update, leave alone a good update. It is more like going backward.
    again i wouldn't call auto-correction a "bug". It's a change you dont like...theres a difference :P
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    yes please stop complaining and keep quiet.. especially if you are happy with 304 and don't want any future builds to have fixes for any of our problems.

    Please keep in mind though right now maybe the best and only time to get our issues known, and corrected. The hp dev team is getting smaller and smaller and the future is at best uncertain. My point of view give them as much detail as possible right now while they are working so they can get as much of this os as 'right' as possible so we have even better touchpads for the remainder of their usable life.

    just my 2c
    also dude webOS didnt have to release an update because they are still waiting on its future...at least they released an update and if people continuously complain...then then they'll be less motivated to release an update...at least they did an update in the first place which was kinda a surprise to all of us...i feel like they almost did this as a thank you to us webOS devotees and we are almost bashing them in a sense for doing us a favor
  16. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    again i wouldn't call auto-correction a "bug". It's a change you dont like...theres a difference :P
    That's false. When this real bug happens it makes it impossible to finish typing
    almost any long word. It's not that it just chooses words you don't like when you
    hit space (like normal auto-correct), it *constantly* tries to change what you're
    typing even in the middle of a word. It only happens sometimes, but when it
    happens, you might as well just give up and turn the "feature" off or
    you'll just end up with gibberish.

    What I'm really tired of, is people telling me that they haven't seen some bug yet,
    that *many* other people, even on clean 3.0.4 TPs have experienced,
    and worse yet telling us that even if it's a real bug, it's just not that important.
    1. Just because you haven't seen it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    2. Any given bug may not be important to you, but it is a dealbreaker for some of us.
    I thought I could live with the scratchy audio bug, until I had to reboot 4 times
    in a day to fix it repeatedly. The accelerometer bug is a showstopper for
    those people who use the games that depend on it.

    3.0.2 has plenty of annoying bugs itself, but in the end 3.0.4 broke more things
    that I have to deal with every day, than it fixed. I Doctored back to 3.02.

    ian
  17. #57  
    3.0.4 doesn't seem like it improved anything. with all the patches and all the work and time i'd put into this thing it was as perfect as it was gonna get. it forced 3.0.4 on me and now I can't stand this thing anymore and don't have the time or effort left to start all over. Don't tell me to stop complaining! this is unacceptable.
    DeadVim likes this.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    That's false. When this real bug happens it makes it impossible to finish typing
    almost any long word. It's not that it just chooses words you don't like when you
    hit space (like normal auto-correct), it *constantly* tries to change what you're
    typing even in the middle of a word. It only happens sometimes, but when it
    happens, you might as well just give up and turn the "feature" off or
    you'll just end up with gibberish.

    What I'm really tired of, is people telling me that they haven't seen some bug yet,
    that *many* other people, even on clean 3.0.4 TPs have experienced,
    and worse yet telling us that even if it's a real bug, it's just not that important.
    1. Just because you haven't seen it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    2. Any given bug may not be important to you, but it is a dealbreaker for some of us.
    I thought I could live with the scratchy audio bug, until I had to reboot 4 times
    in a day to fix it repeatedly. The accelerometer bug is a showstopper for
    those people who use the games that depend on it.

    3.0.2 has plenty of annoying bugs itself, but in the end 3.0.4 broke more things
    that I have to deal with every day, than it fixed. I Doctored back to 3.02.

    ian
    3.0.2 was actually taken down at one point from ota i believe because of its bugs....the changelog for 3.0.4 adds a lot....I dont think it would be possible to have more bugs than new features...

    The ability to pair non-webOS phones to your TouchPad, so you can answer calls to that phone on your TouchPad. Pairing with non-webOS Bluetooth keyboards has also been streamlined.
    A new Camera app for photos and video
    Support for OGG Vorbis music files
    Online/offline messagin Inline rendering of HTML 5 video is now supported.

    * Fixed issue in which a JavaScript timer in one card would be suspended when another card was maximized.

    * Improved SDL performance in rotated screen mode.

    * Fixed several bugs affecting third-party Synergy applications.

    * Enyo Framework

    * Fixed problem with DatePicker controls’ returning incorrect date.

    * When filling out a form, if the user tabs to a form element behind the keyboard, the scene now scrolls to keep the focused field visible above the keyboard.

    * Corrected positioning of selection box displayed in response to a tap and hold on a word.

    * RowGroup.destroyControls() is now working properly.

    * Fixed issue in which an HtmlContent control inside a Scroller would not prevent links from being followed while scrolling.

    * Enyo Applications

    Browser

    * The Browser app now hides the keyboard when the Bookmark pane is shown.

    * Fixed an issue in which touch events were not passed correctly to Web sites.

    Contacts

    * Contacts synced via a third-party Synergy app can now be deleted after the app itself is deleted.

    Location Services

    * Google Location Services now work for locations in the Southern Hemisphere.

    Tools and Installers

    * The PalmSDK folder has been reorganized to make docs and samples easier to find.

    * palm-emulator no longer displays an error dialog when launching with VirtualBox 4.1.2.

    * palm-generate now generates Enyo apps (Mac and Linux only in this build). Note that in generated Enyo apps, the (full) path to enyo.jsjsjs $will$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $specified$ $in$ $index$.$html$ $in$ $order$ $for$ $the$ $app$ $to$ $load$ $in$ $a$ $desktop$ $browser$. $For$ $example$, $on$ $the$ $Mac$, $this$ $would$ $be$ &#$8220$;/$opt$/$PalmSDK$/$Current$/$share$/$framework$/$enyo$/$1$.$0$/$framework$/$enyo$.$js$&#$8221$;.

    Code Samples

    The following new code samples have been added:

    * Accelerometer – Demonstrates getting accelerometer, shaking, and orientation events.

    * InputSample – Integrated the existing multitouch sample.

    * Media – Added new Video Object demo, which demonstrates use of an HTML5 video object to play video inline with custom controls and sizing control.

    * MediaCapture – Demonstrates the new media capture APIs for sound, video, and images.

    * Services – Added Media Indexer sample.

    * WebView – Added example of intercepting link clicks and redirecting.

    * ZeroConf – Demonstrates the ZeroConf system service. ZeroConf is a discovery protocol that lets you find services on the local network without having to have a directory or DNS listing.

    ExhibitionMode

    * Fixed bug in which the app, after being launched in Exhibition Mode, could not be relaunched in app mode.

    JustType

    * Fixed db8 schema version issue.

    * Known Issues and Limitations

    * SDL apps may hang due to problems with polling new sensors.

    * SDL apps may crash when blitting to or from a NULL surface. The underlying issue has been identified and will be fixed in the next SDK release.g status support
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    3.0.4 doesn't seem like it improved anything. with all the patches and all the work and time i'd put into this thing it was as perfect as it was gonna get. it forced 3.0.4 on me and now I can't stand this thing anymore and don't have the time or effort left to start all over. Don't tell me to stop complaining! this is unacceptable.
    sorry man to offend you...it seems you do have some reasonable points to go back to 3.0.2
  20. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    3.0.2 was actually taken down at one point from ota i believe because of its bugs....the changelog for 3.0.4 adds a lot....I dont think it would be possible to have more bugs than new features...
    I'm well aware of what was included with 3.0.4
    I didn't say it had more bugs than features. I said
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon
    3.0.2 has plenty of annoying bugs itself, but in the end 3.0.4 broke more things
    that I have to deal with every day, than it fixed. I Doctored back to 3.02.
    If I don't use a feature that it added, then it doesn't tip the scales one
    way or the other. Unlike some, I'm not trying to convince other people
    that these features should matter even if they don't use them. There are bug fixes in
    3.0.4 I very much want, but the bugs I had to deal with repeatedly every day
    were a bigger headache than the bugs I have to deal with in 3.0.2.
    Given that the TP is first and foremost a multmedia device for me, the
    sound issue was a show stopper. How many people would put up
    with rebooting their home PC 3-4 times a day?

    ian
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions