Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    I updated as soon as I got my tp and love it. Working great and have no lag at all.
    Stop complaining about 3.04

It's the Internet, it's what we do... ;-)
    Speaking as a developer, 3.0.4 has been a nightmare update. All those speed "improvements" come with a terrible costs of several bugs that have wreaked havoc on my app. I'm one dev that will update my app to work around HP's "fixes" (again), but like previous posters said, not all developers will bother. Especially now, HP's webOS engineers need to think long and hard about adding a feature or improving performance if it means breaking apps, because those apps might stay broken for good.
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 11/05/2011 at 10:31 PM.
    vella_ likes this.
    rsanchez, maybe we could lobby HP to at least give devs better changelogs as to what has happened internally. maybe they could just dump their version control log to us.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #25  
    I am not having any issues with 3.0.4...havee u guys tried a fresh doctor? Also could 3.0.3 be a solution? like the middle ground. Personally i have the doctor...im wondering if we are allowed to distribute it and see if its the "perfect firmware" for all =)
    I think 3.0.4 is great, but tell me this... Does anyone have the following issue?

open any application
    go to card view
    rotate the touchpad to landscape (speaker up)
    drag the card down, toward the launcher....

Do you hear the angry bird rubber band sound? Is this normal?
    #staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    This is normal and has been there at least since 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    This is normal and has been there at least since 3.0.2
    Ahh ok it also goes "WEEE!" if I let go... Is the bug the fact that it doesn't work for all orientations?
    #staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I guess not, it only happens when your Touchpad is "upside-down" with respect to the default landscape orientation for applications.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Speaking as a developer, 3.0.4 has been a nightmare update. All those speed "improvements" come with a terrible costs of several bugs that have wreaked havoc on my app. I'm one dev that will update my app to work around HP's "fixes" (again), but like previous posters said, not all developers will bother. Especially now, HP's webOS engineers need to think long and hard about adding a feature or improving performance if it means breaking apps, because those apps might stay broken for good.
    I dont think they are bugs per say...just CHANGES in the firmware that people need to update their apps for to reflect those changes...the only bug ill admit to is the volume bug which has been a problem even throughout previous firmwares
  11.    #31  
    I guess not, it only happens when your Touchpad is "upside-down" with respect to the default landscape orientation for applications.
    It is certainly one of the best features of webOS :P
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c View Post
    I've had to restart the TouchPad due to distorted sound from time to time. It never happened before, but the update helped out in other spots so I'm alright with the trade-off.
    Keep it away from speakers and other electromagnetic stuff.
  13.    #33  
    What the OP might be referring to are those numerous "3.0.4 sucks, I'll go back, 3.0.2 was heaven"-threads that have absolutely no content whatsoever (much similar to the "WebOS sucks, I'll use Android"-posts). What annoys me additionally is the spamming of problem posts with "here to"-answers. How about introducing a button for that so that the thread can be used to investigate the problem?
    that is what annoys me exactly...im all for improvement but people should back it up with WHY
    Yeah the weee is only supposed to happen if its upside down from the regular orientation. Its a bit like the cow toaster.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    I dont think they are bugs per say...just CHANGES in the firmware that people need to update their apps for to reflect those changes...the only bug ill admit to is the volume bug which has been a problem even throughout previous firmwares
    The point is that Ari and webos team should know that Glu, Gameloft and EA are not going to update their apps.

What for? Webos is not growing numbers and consumers and they have maximised their potential sales thereby invalidating the need for modification or app development.

changing accelerometer levels, slowing down graphic intensive apps only shows that the people at WEBOS are short sighted.

I am not even talking about issues where sound gets distorted and/or loss of sound.

Those people that say 3.0.4 is majic.. have overclocked and patched the s*** out of their TP's. Again, patching and Ocing is not the solution. Most of us dont know or want to Overclock cause of warranty issues and other things.

Patches are a make do and we should be thankful to the homebrew community. It because of the inefficiencies of the Webos team that patches come handy. If the updates were so damn good, these things would not be necessary at all.

HP/Palm and companies alike should have the goal of making it easy for consumers and developers. Which is not the case with this update.

That is why Apple, Google and Palm/HP, RIMM are where they are right now
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    I am not having any issues with 3.0.4...havee u guys tried a fresh doctor? Also could 3.0.3 be a solution? like the middle ground. Personally i have the doctor...im wondering if we are allowed to distribute it and see if its the "perfect firmware" for all =)
    These aren't things that a doctor fixes (I have doctored).

I have the sound problem and I had to buy new cases because of the change to the charging sensitivity. I understand what happened with the sound--they were trying to fix a problem that some people were reporting with the sound going out (that now seems to be replaced with this new sound problem).

However, I don't think anyone reported "my touchpad in the case works too well with the touchstone." So why change the sensitivity so much? Somebody else suggested they were trying to make the compass more accurate. Nobody that I know actually uses the compass so I really hope that wasn't the reason. At this point, I feel like HP should reimburse me for the cases they sold me (and many other people) that no longer work with the touchstone...
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    These aren't things that a doctor fixes (I have doctored).

I have the sound problem and I had to buy new cases because of the change to the charging sensitivity. I understand what happened with the sound--they were trying to fix a problem that some people were reporting with the sound going out (that now seems to be replaced with this new sound problem).

However, I don't think anyone reported "my touchpad in the case works too well with the touchstone." So why change the sensitivity so much? Somebody else suggested they were trying to make the compass more accurate. Nobody that I know actually uses the compass so I really hope that wasn't the reason. At this point, I feel like HP should reimburse me for the cases they sold me (and many other people) that no longer work with the touchstone...
    alright you make some valid points...again maybe 3.0.3 is a solution...and yeah i guess it depends on you cuz i dont use a touchstone and rarely the accelerometer
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    The point is that Ari and webos team should know that Glu, Gameloft and EA are not going to update their apps.

What for? Webos is not growing numbers and consumers and they have maximised their potential sales thereby invalidating the need for modification or app development.

changing accelerometer levels, slowing down graphic intensive apps only shows that the people at WEBOS are short sighted.

I am not even talking about issues where sound gets distorted and/or loss of sound.

Those people that say 3.0.4 is majic.. have overclocked and patched the s*** out of their TP's. Again, patching and Ocing is not the solution. Most of us dont know or want to Overclock cause of warranty issues and other things.

Patches are a make do and we should be thankful to the homebrew community. It because of the inefficiencies of the Webos team that patches come handy. If the updates were so damn good, these things would not be necessary at all.

HP/Palm and companies alike should have the goal of making it easy for consumers and developers. Which is not the case with this update.

good points but im pretty sure ocing makes 3.0.2 really great as well :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post

I love the 3.0.4 update, and am not OC'd or patched. Yes, I've noticed some bugs (auto-correct and accelerometer), but they haven't been serious in my case. I have one game out of about 10 that use the accelerometer that has a problem, and the auto-correct thing is amusing. I haven't experienced the sound issue (actually, there was one game that had a sound problem - the same one that has the accelerometer problem).

From reading through here, it sounds like these are things that could be fixed by a future webOS update (if one ever comes). So in the whole, the update to 3.0.4 has been great. But the webOS team should definitely be more careful when updating.
    I was thrilled about 3.0.4 but after using it for a Month now, I Feel that it breaks more than it fixes. So in this case, newer is not always better. I hope HP is paying attention to these bugs and will release a fix for it soon!
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast