Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Devs. GO GO GO!

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...e_program.html

HP is pleased to announce the return of the Developer Device Purchase Program for the HP TouchPad for a limited time. Registered developers in the US, Canada, and Europe will be able to purchase up to two TouchPads at a discount while supplies last.

We are discontinuing the device loaner program.

Details:

Product: 32 GB TouchPad
    Price: $149.99 (USD) for US and Canada; €150 in Europe (includes VAT); 130 in the UK (includes VAT).
    All sales are final. No returns, refunds, or exchanges will be made.
    Developer requests for coupons must be received by Friday, November 18th, 2011 to be considered.
    Coupons are valid through November 27th, 2011 or while supplies last.
    Coupons are available to registered developers only. (HP employees are not eligible.)
    One (1) device may be purchased with each coupon, and you may request up to two (2) coupons. The coupon(s) will be invalidated once used.
    US and Canadian developers, please use this link to request a coupon: devmarketing@palm.com.
    European developers, please use this link to request a coupon: devmarketing@palm.com.
    You must include your webOS developer user ID in your request email in order to receive the coupon.

Terms and Conditions

Discount is available to HP webOS developers only. Each coupon code is valid for the purchase of one device and there is a limit of two coupons per developer. Coupon codes are valid through November 27th, 2011 or while supplies last, are non-transferable, and must be provided and redeemed at time of order. Requests must be received by November 18th, 2011.Offer is good while supplies last. Coupon codes are not valid anywhere but the HP online store, and may not be used for any products intended for resale or OEM activity as defined by HP, on employee purchase programs, retroactively on previously purchased items, or for cash redemption. Subject to program and pricing changes without notice. HP reserves the right to qualify purchasers as developers. HP employees are not eligible to participate.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 11/04/2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Felt like it.
    Glad to see HP decided to reserve some of the TouchPads for developers, though at this point, I'd imagine most devs have gotten a TouchPad by now.
    WTB Verizon Pre 3 "developer" program... >.>
    So would my webos dev user ID and devoloper ID be the same? My registration page doesn't have an "ID" number on it. Such a noob
    that is what I sent. I just sent it from the email address registered to my dev account and they can normally make the connection. Atleast in the past I never sent my dev Id.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    Anyone receive a coupon email yet?
    It's gonna be a while... Coming weeks or months I expect.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    you devs better hurry up if you want one. i just saw there is a post on slickdeals about it, along with how to provide fraudulent information in order to get one. safe to say that many over at that forum are not developers and have no intention of supporting webos in any manner, but i suspect that wont stop most from trying to get one anyway.
    kel101 likes this.
    They should have had this from the start, not 3 months after they decide to kill production.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    yeahbowen likes this.
    If this was a month ago I would have signed up and bought two. Now though, I wouldn't give HP another cent of my money.
    This blogger is of the opinion that charging even fire sale prices for dev Touchpads is a slap in the face. They say if HP was serious about webOS, they should be giving them out for free.

HP TouchPad app developers: Run to other platforms | ZDNet
    Alas, the point is moot.
    HP has already run out of developer Touchpads.
    HP webOS Developer Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    This blogger is of the opinion that charging even fire sale prices for dev Touchpads is a slap in the face. They say if HP was serious about webOS, they should be giving them out for free.

HP TouchPad app developers: Run to other platforms | ZDNet
    To my knowledge, HP has always asked developers to pay some money for their devices. But the developer program does not charge an admission fee.

I read Kendrick's blog. It seems to me he is using this as a hook to tell HP to either formally support webOS or cut it loose. This would be consistent with his recent blog posts.
    I am sympathetic to his cause and I too wish HP would make a public announcement about webOS. It may be that they are finishing a deal transaction to sell webOS or alternatively, finishing a business case analysis for a new HP direction for webOS. So I am prepared to wait for a few weeks.

In the meantime, my device works fabulously thanks to all the paid and unpaid-devs and HP's recent webOS update to 3.04.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    To my knowledge, HP has always asked developers to pay some money for their devices. But the developer program does not charge an admission fee.

I'm not sure if that's the right strategy for a marginal platform - I guess it keeps the kooks and freeloaders away but if you look at Nokia giving out 75,000 devices to developers, store reps and others who might push WP7 that seems one way of trying to attract some interest.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I was able to get a Pre 2 for free during a promotion they had, and they've had device loaner programs, but nothing like what MS is doing.
    Again, the question is moot. There are no more Touchpads available.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Well technically there are no more coupon codes available. Hopefully the real devs who applied will get them, and not the slickdeals people
    I feel sorry for Chuq and his crew.
    He mentioned before about trying to grab hardware for the developers, but it appears he didn't get much corporate support.
    Now that everything feels dead (even if it might not be (yeah, marginal optimism)) he FINALLY gets his hands on some and has to go through the process of figuring out who the real developers are.
    I do not envy them.
    What did they tell people to do over at slickdeals. I guess I missed that. I presume it was something like go to dev page, open a forum topic, steal name, and then email that name. Simple solution for Chuq is to PM those devs about the coupons and NOT email them.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    They were just telling people how to create a dev account to apply for the coupon with.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast