1.    #1  
    I have noticed that when I play NFS Pursuit game on the touchpad (along with any driving games), that the driving response is off (WebOS). Doesnt repond well to the tilting. Sort of drives erradic. I have the full version of the games, bought them from the HP store. Does anyone know why this happens on WebOS? I have played the same game on an Acer Iconia and Toshiba Thrive and the driving/tilting response is great! Is there a setting I need to adjust??
    Last edited by aeroz51; 11/04/2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: editing header
    Known Accelerometer glitch due to latest HP webOS 3.0.4 'update'?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Known Accelerometer glitch due to latest HP webOS 3.0.4 'update'?
    I have updated to WebOS 3.0.4, it automatically done it. I just got the touchpad a week ago so I didnt notice it. Updated out of the box. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?
    Revert by 'Doctoring' to 3.0.2 and then put a block on Auto-updates?:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...os-update.html

..until a 'fix' is officially released?
    Rumours of 3.0.5 in the pipeline - but then who knows how much 'help' that may actually be at present!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/04/2011 at 11:05 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Revert by 'Doctoring to 3.0.2 and then put a block on Auto-updates?:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...os-update.html

..until a 'fix' is officially released?
    Rumours of 3.0.5 in the pipeline - but then who knows how much 'help' that may actually be at present!

How to I revert to 3.0.2?? Do I run those commands to prevent the update on my touchpad or connected to my pc?
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroz51 View Post
    How to I revert to 3.0.2?? Do I run those commands to prevent the update on my touchpad or connected to my pc?
    Probably a good idea to start by reading & then following this if you choose to:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

You may however choose to just wait until an accelerometer 'fix' is instead released anyway?

7.    #7  
    Probably a good idea to start by reading & then following this if you choose to:

You may however choose to just wait until an accelerometer 'fix' is instead released anyway?

I dont have preware loaded on my touchpad yet? Is it a good idea to load it?
    I dont have preware loaded on my touchpad yet? Is it a good idea to load it?
    An exceptionally good idea.. yes!
    But perhaps after Doctoring to 3.0.2 if that is what you choose.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/04/2011 at 10:53 AM.
  9.    #9  
    I also noticed that the touchpad takes a long time to boot. This was right out of the box... somewhere I read that the boot time would speed up, its been a week now. Same. By installing preware... will it help this also?
    I also noticed that the touchpad takes a long time to boot. This was right out of the box... somewhere I read that the boot time would speed up, its been a week now. Same. By installing preware... will it help this also?
    Have you read this yet?

'Preware' gives you access to many excellent Apps and Patches with which you can also observe decreases in boot speed time and applied increases in processor speed etc etc.. yes.

Take your time to follow the guide clearly.. but to my knowledge there is no known 'fix' for the Accelerometer glitch yet, in order to re-answer your original question!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/04/2011 at 12:34 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Have you read this yet?

'Preware' gives you access to many excellent Apps and Patches with which you can also observe decreases in boot speed and applied increases in processor speed etc etc.. yes.

Take your time to follow the guide clearly.. but to my knowledge there is no known 'fix' for the Accelerometer glitch yet, in order to re-answer your original question!

Ok. right now I also have the toshiba thrive (rented it for the next two weeks); I dont need two tablets. I would like to hold on to the touchpad though. I dont want to spend $400 on a tablet when I dont have to. I just got the Toshiba thrive thinking that I might want to switch to the Android OS. I tried the dual boot Android thing from CyanogenMOD, but that port is Androind Gingerbread... same OS on the phones. I dont want the same OS that the phones are running on my touchpad. I would have gotten a touch android smartphone in that case!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I tried the dual boot Android thing from CyanogenMOD, but that port is Androind Gingerbread... same OS on the phones. I dont want the same OS that the phones are running on my touchpad. I would have gotten a touch android smartphone in that case!
    Then why did you buy a Touchpad, which doesn't come with Android except for Gingerbread as a dual boot CM7 ROM? If you're unhappy then sell it or you can use the information that was given on this thread and use WebOS or you can wait, like I am, for Ice Cream Sandwich to be released, which won't come for at least 4 months. In the meantime you can use WebOS, which it is deficient in app selection and the apps that are here are mostly overpriced but the OS itself is better than Android Honeycomb.
  13.    #13  
    Yes, I agree. The OS is better than Honeycomb. You think Ice Cream Sandwich will get ported to the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Yes, I agree. The OS is better than Honeycomb. You think Ice Cream Sandwich will get ported to the touchpad?
    Absolutely but it won't come for some time. I don't see it coming for at least another 4 months but it'll be on the Touchpad, as it will on my Mytouch 4G.