Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Received this email today from TigerDirect:

==============================
    TigerDirect.com
    HP TouchPad Alert
    ==============================

Thank you for signing up to be alerted to HP TouchPad inventory.

We have a few HP TouchPads that will be made available, Friday, November 4th, at 2:30pm eastern time. They will only be available on our website by going to the following link:
    TigerDirect.com: HP TouchPads

Our call center does NOT have access to this inventory. Again, you can only purchase the TouchPads online by going to:

Now, we don't have enough HP TouchPads to satisfy everyone who has signed up to get these HP
    TouchPad alerts. So, we wanted to give you a quick heads up before it goes live Friday at 2:30pm ET.
    Remember, it's likely to sell out within about 5-10 minutes.

In the event you try to purchase and it sells out, just know we're continuing to try to source more
    HP Touchpads bundles. As soon as we get more, we will send you a quick email to let you know.
    Be assured we are working aggressively to get more.

===============================
    WHAT DO I GET?

- HP 32GB TouchPad
    - Belkin 10.1" Tablet Case
    - Belkin FlipBlade Tablet Stand
    - Creative Labs D80 Bluetooth Speakers
    - (Bonus: HP 16GB USB Flash Drive)

All for just $279.99.

EXPECTATIONS
    Due to overwhelming demand for this product, it's expected to sell out within 5-10 minutes.
    That means that it may say "SOLD OUT" at 2:35pm. Also, we're limiting this inventory to one
    unit per customer. Sorry. No rainchecks. No backorders. Once we sell out, that's it.

QUICK RECAP:

Limited Quantity of HP TouchPads

Available at 2:30pm eastern 11/4/11

Only available online at:

Regards,

TigerDirect.com
    Deal Alert Team

If you do not have a TigerDirect.com account setup, you can set it up today to prevent
    setup delays tomorrow.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PERMISSION SETTINGS:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*PRICE AFTER MAIL-IN REBATES. CLICK ITEM FOR DETAILS.

Prices valid through 11/05/2011 unless otherwise noted.
    Not responsible for typographical, technical, or descriptive errors of products herein.
    Prices are subject to change. Items may be available online or by phone only--prices and availability in TigerDirect stores may be limited.
    If you need one, you will only have about a 5 minute window once they go live before they sell out - so be sure to preregister for a TigerDirect account and be logged in before the sale. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    That's right around the price on CL in the Chicago area - especially since we have to pay sales tax for TD. Sealed 32GB units are running for $230-250.
    ^^ Yeah, I was going to say that the TigerDirect price of $280 plus whatever shipping is higher than the current eBay price of $250 with free shipping for a factory-sealed box.

TigerDirect is throwing in the speakers (which can be found for $25-$50) and what appears to be $20-$30 worth of add-ons. BTW, what good is a 16GB flash drive that doesn't plug in to the TouchPad?
    They're just trying to justify their scummy bundling tactic.

Horrible company.
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Yeah this dosent seem to be a giant deal at all..I got a 16GB with a leather case for $190 on CL...I'm satisfied with that :-)
    I agree, this bundle is a joke. They are playing games and if this was a true "annouuncement" they would just sell them at the firesale price. They send out an announcement as if this is some great deal and it really isn't. Mind you it is not a rip off but it is no deal. They have probably been trying to sell through ebay and figured why not try to make a little more dough.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    It'll probably sell out within minutes...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    2:36, wanted to see if they still had any (I already have mine). They say item is in cart, but it's not. I don't know if it's a glitch because of the traffic, or if they don't have any left.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    2:36, wanted to see if they still had any (I already have mine). They say item is in cart, but it's not. I don't know if it's a glitch because of the traffic, or if they don't have any left.
    2:38, SOLD OUT sign now on page.
    I got mine. I am mad that they included a bunch of crappy accessories (not event sure the Belkin 10.1 case will fit correctly) but I have my confirmation.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    They probably only had 5 bundles 'in stock'.. just to test the water!

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I got mine. I am mad that they included a bunch of crappy accessories (not event sure the Belkin 10.1 case will fit correctly) but I have my confirmation.
    Co-worker has that Belkin case and the TP fits perfectly. Don't worry.
    1:45 CST and I was still able to add it to my cart. I didn't go through with it but I was surprised they still had them. I think you can get a better deal on ebay.
    I clicked buy now, as the clock ticked to 0 (exactly at 2:30) and it added to my cart, I went to cart and it was empty. How could that be??????? They probably only did have 5 units, I hate scams like this.

Funny , likely to sell out in 5-10 minutes, How about 1 second!!!
    "Now, we don't have enough HP TouchPads to satisfy everyone who has signed up to get these HP
    TouchPad alerts. So, we wanted to give you a quick heads up before it goes live Friday at 2:30pm ET.
    Remember, it's likely to sell out within about 5-10 minutes.
    TigerDirect.com: HP TouchPads"
    Last edited by Jackspt28; 11/04/2011 at 01:55 PM.
    Your right I would reccomend EBAY, I got my 16 GB for 200.00 shipped. I was trying to get my girlfriend one , So I guess its back to Ebay (238.00- 275.00 for 32Gb)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackspt28 View Post
    I clicked buy now, as the clock ticked to 0 (exactly at 2:30) and it added to my cart, I went to cart and it was empty. How could that be??????? They probably only did have 5 units, I hate scams like this.
    The same thing happened to me. Oh well. Last tiem I use or refer anyone to Tiger Direct.
    Just_Jay
    Yup. Clicked the 'Buy Now' button as soon as it was possible and site said 'item added to cart'. But, I had no items in my cart. Was even logged into my TD account.
    Didn't think it was that great of a deal but I wanted to see if they were going to charge tax and shipping. This must have been a scam since I started the process seconds after the 'Buy Now' button was available.

Went to eBay and bought one for 239.00 including shipping. Hope it isn't a scam and hope I can make this work as a car stereo replacement. I don't really listen to live radio and figured I'd be happy with Music Player remix or whatever's best for TouchPad and Dr. Podder if they have a tablet version.

Still got the Sprint Pre Plus for FreeTether and WiFi so maybe I'll see what others are doing as far as 'AutoPads.'
    ok they are giving a 32 gb touchpad and speakers and a belkin cover and a stand aaand flash card not bad.
    I had the same issue initially, it said the item was added to the cart, but the cart was empty. But then, I decided to search for the item number and once I punched it in, it did find the bundle and I was able to add it to the cart and then purchase it! I got the confirmation email.. So far so good.
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    I watched the clock tick down to the sale and went to check out and it said they ran out.
    Not 2 minutes later. Bogus company...done doing business with Tigerdirect
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast