Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    Yup. Clicked the 'Buy Now' button as soon as it was possible and site said 'item added to cart'. But, I had no items in my cart. Was even logged into my TD account.
    Didn't think it was that great of a deal but I wanted to see if they were going to charge tax and shipping. This must have been a scam since I started the process seconds after the 'Buy Now' button was available.
    Me too. I even opened up a second page and was able to click buy it now. Same thing happened again.

"The HP TouchPad FB356UT WebOS Tablet Bundle has been added to your cart."
    But nothing was in my cart.

I kept the screens active and even clicked refresh a couple times, no change

"The HP TouchPad FB356UT WebOS Tablet Bundle has been added to your cart."
    But nothing was in my cart.

Called their support/cust service number where the rep had me email a screen shot.
    After she received it, she put me on hold for about 10 seconds,
    Then told me
    "Sorry we cannot help you, the item is sold out"

SCAM

Glad I didn't set up a credit card on my account when I created it yesterday.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    My experience echoes TTB.
    Was already logged in etc etc.
    Ended up with nothing.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I was done with tiger direct years ago, right or wrong I don't trust them any more.
    When I clicked buy now, i got the same "added to your cart message" but cart was empty. The page then changed to "sold out". I kept refreshing (why I'm not sure but glad I did) because the "sold out" changed to "buy now" and when I clicked it, it populated my cart immediately. email confirmation with number rec'd, CC charged. I even called to make sure the order took, they confirmed that it did and I'll have it in 3-5 business days.
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    Employees and friends of employees probably snatched them all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Co-worker has that Belkin case and the TP fits perfectly. Don't worry.
    That's good to know because I was going to order the HP original case. That flip stand looks cheesy. But the Bluetooth speaker might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackspt28 View Post
    I clicked buy now, as the clock ticked to 0 (exactly at 2:30) and it added to my cart, I went to cart and it was empty. How could that be??????? They probably only did have 5 units, I hate scams like this.

Funny , likely to sell out in 5-10 minutes, How about 1 second!!!
    "Now, we don't have enough HP TouchPads to satisfy everyone who has signed up to get these HP
    TouchPad alerts. So, we wanted to give you a quick heads up before it goes live Friday at 2:30pm ET.
    Remember, it's likely to sell out within about 5-10 minutes.
    TigerDirect.com: HP TouchPads"
    I was on the website a little before hand to research the components of the bundle and when I looked up that flip-stand thing, it showed the HP bundle 10 minutes early. So I jumped on it and had my confirmation before 2:30pm EST!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Supposedly it sold out in 5 seconds. Don't know if it was really that fast, but I'm sure at most, it only lasted a few minutes.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    It wasn't even that good of a deal, compared to the current market value of Touchpads. That's the funniest part. This "bundle" sold out in minutes, when you can get the same thing on CL/Ebay for the same price or even slightly less. Just goes to show how badly HP biffed the initial marketing/pricing of this thing.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    This is an old sales trick - you have maybe ten of the device but you hoover up thousands of fresh accounts...

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    This is an old sales trick - you have maybe ten of the device but you hoover up thousands of fresh accounts...

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk

So your saying TD is using the TP to drum up thousands of new accounts. Looks like there are a lot of people wanting the TP at this new price point.

Good catch.
    I'm glad i got my Touchpad before all of this new pricing and bundles popping up everywhere i really dont think its fair that Best Buy and now Walmart is bundling the Touchpad where you have to buy an HP computer or laptop just to get the touchpad at the reduced price.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Called their support/cust service number where the rep had me email a screen shot.
    After she received it, she put me on hold for about 10 seconds,
    Then told me
    "Sorry we cannot help you, the item is sold out"

SCAM
    How on earth is it a "scam" if you didn't drop a penny on it? You honestly think Tiger Direct is going to run off with your CC# or something?

Limited inventory. People late to the ball. It happens even without some sort of corporate malice.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12