1.    #1  
    I had unlocked all levels of Angry Birds HD and was working my way back through the levels where I only had one star. I had to doctor my TP due to some problems I was having and this reset my Angry Birds, which I had not backed up. I tried the go to a locked level, close it, restart and press play a bunch of times really fast. This doesn't work of me, probably because I can't click play fast enough for the subsequent taps to register. Is there another way or do I just need to keep trying?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    More or less same issue here. I Doctored back to 3.0.2 from 3.0.4 and lost all my progress in all my games including Angry Birds, Asphalt 6, etc. Wasn't expecting that. Thought
    it was considered user data, like everything else that isn't normally touched by the Doctor.

ian
    If you were using the program in Preware called Save Restore you can update the package list in there to get your data back.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I haven't tired this yet but maybe it will work for you.

1) Open Angry Birds then press play button
    2) Select an area you haven't unlocked yet. (Mighty Hoax, Danger Above, The Big Setup, Ham 'em High)
    3) Quickly press back button then home button.
    4) Swipe card up and away.
    5) Open Angry Birds again and quickly tap "Play" repeatedly.
    6) If you did it correctly, you should be in the locked "world" with 1st level.
    7) Make sure to get any amount of stars on the first level, else when you back out the world will still be locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    More or less same issue here. I Doctored back to 3.0.2 from 3.0.4 and lost all my progress in all my games including Angry Birds, Asphalt 6, etc. Wasn't expecting that. Thought
    it was considered user data, like everything else that isn't normally touched by the Doctor.

ian
    apps are not stored in that partition to prevent piracy

As another poster said, if you use Save/Restore, it save the game save data in the USB partition. If using Save/Restore, a lot of apps require that you load the app once before attempting to restore data.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    I haven't tired this yet but maybe it will work for you.

1) Open Angry Birds then press play button
    2) Select an area you haven't unlocked yet. (Mighty Hoax, Danger Above, The Big Setup, Ham 'em High)
    3) Quickly press back button then home button.
    4) Swipe card up and away.
    5) Open Angry Birds again and quickly tap "Play" repeatedly.
    6) If you did it correctly, you should be in the locked "world" with 1st level.
    7) Make sure to get any amount of stars on the first level, else when you back out the world will still be locked.
    Thanks, that is what I tried but it's not working for me. My theory is that I can't do step 5 fast enough since it immediately goes to the next screen after the first tap. I was able to unlock the android version with an app. Does anyone know how to get the data from the Android version into the webOS version? I have read that save/restore uses the same file format as android for highscores.lua and settings.lua.

I installed save/restore last night, but I didn't know about it when I doctored about a week ago.
  7.    #7  
    If anyone else is interested, I did find a way to sort of do this if you also have Android installed on the TP or have another Android device, but I'm not sure it was worth the effort.

1. Installed Angry Birds in Android.
    2. Installed Angry Birds Unlock All Levels from the market and followed directions.
    3. Replaced highscores.lua and settings.lua from the webOS install with the same files from the Android Install. Everything unlocked except Ham 'Em High.

Most of the problems I had were with the last step. I had a very difficult time finding all the files and finding an app that would let me view and edit them. I finally found ES File Explorer and after a few tweaks to the settings it let me have full access to the entire file system. I don't know that it would be a big deal now that I know what to do, but for the time I spent on this I could have cleared a lot of levels and had a lot more fun by just playing the game.
    I only tested this on my Pre2, but hopefully it would work on Touchpad as well. I think Angry Birds Rio has different files as well, but its worth a shot if anyone wants to try that.

Put files in the zip attached to "media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.rovio.angrybirds/"
    (ignore the ReadMe.txt file)

Restart luna/device

All levels should be open with no scores attached.

Refer to this for my new easier method:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3235556
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Abyssul; 11/04/2011 at 12:36 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, that was much easier! I did notice that only the first page of Ham 'Em High unlocked (Level 12). Levels 13, 14 and 15 are still locked for me. Not a big deal at all, but I thought you might want to know. Thanks again!

Also, my TP browser wouldn't download the the IPK, so I had to download with a pc and upload to box.net where I could get it on the TP. Does anyone know of something I can change so the TP can handle IPK downloads?
    It's not the ipk, it's the fact that you are trying to download from the forums and it doesn't work that way.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    It's not the ipk, it's the fact that you are trying to download from the forums and it doesn't work that way.
    The .ipk's are stored at Mediafire. Try copying the url download from the Media fire ("click here to download") and not my post, and manually point Preware to the package url.

12.    #12  
    I'm getting the link on the MediaFire site. The problem is when I click on the "Click here to start downloading from MediaFire" link, the browser opens a new card and displays what looks like code. When I click the same link on a pc or in Android it downloads normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The .ipk's are stored at Mediafire. Try copying the url download from the Media fire ("click here to download") and not my post, and manually point Preware to the package url.
    my bad, figured it was the forums file attachment then error installing bug
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    my bad, figured it was the forums file attachment then error installing bug
    Sadly you can't attach ipk files to this forum

Ahhh, don't mind me I'm all kinds of off today... 5 til 5 on Friday