Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    From Engagdet, via a tweet from a tester with the update:

webOS 3.0.5 clues point to integrated Twitter, better performance for your TouchPad -- Engadget

So, it does look like HP is pushing the WebOS software support forward, aggressively.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I bet there will be quite a few of these threads today. Hopefully it is released soon.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Hopefully the OTA update is much better then the last one. took me 3 days on 1 and 7 on another
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Well Ios and Android have copied a lot of features from webOS, so I guess it was inevitable that we would see some work the other way. I guess this means we will see an official webOS twitter client?

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I just hope they fix the Skype camera performance issues soon. New features and better performance are a plus but the features it's supposed to have out of the box should be addressed first IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    I just hope they fix the Skype camera performance issues soon. New features and better performance are a plus but the features it's supposed to have out of the box should be addressed first IMO.
    I completely agree. They need to fix current problems first, the ones keeping people from updating from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4. Once that is done then continue to add features.

**can HP PLEASE FIX THE CALENDAR ? My 2+ year old Pre- displays all appointments instantly no matter which way I scroll the calendar ...and syncs all calendars and events instantly back and forth

Skype. Can we get that in Full screen? Who thought of a half-screen video call??
    No! Fix the downloading from secure sites issue so I can use this for school!
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    They can't even make this WebOS not full of funky bugs, and they planned to be a software company? OMG!
    And how could HP seriously consider selling something (webOS), whilst it doesn't yet even function 'correctly'?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/16/2011 at 08:48 PM.
    This is good news. WebOS is excellent but they need to fix the bugs.
    Fix the accelerometer! That's my top priority. After that, fix the wifi issues, and the new distorted sound issues!
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    So any eta on launch?
    What is it that they say .. good things come to those who wait?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    'For sometime in the coming weeks?'

suppose to be Monday Nov 21st during HP Gobal Management Announcements
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    What is it that they say .. good things come to those who wait?
    like the whole month HP waited to before slamming the shutters down on everything?

we can wait, shame HP cant learn something from us ordinary common folk
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Well Ios and Android have copied a lot of features from webOS, so I guess it was inevitable that we would see some work the other way. I guess this means we will see an official webOS twitter client?

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
    I didn't know ios came out after webos then android! You prolly meant the blackberry playbook copying webos. I'm sure if webos was that great so others would copy it they would be number 1 not almost a dead os.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    And how could HP seriously consider selling something (webOS), whilst it doesn't yet even function 'correctly'?

I don't really know the answer to that, but maybe the potential buyer just wants the IP.

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    I didn't know ios came out after webos then android! You prolly meant the blackberry playbook copying webos. I'm sure if webos was that great so others would copy it they would be number 1 not almost a dead os.
    You are aware, that in the time since iOS first showed up, there have now been 4 major updates to iOS, 2 major updates to webOS, and 3 major updates to Android?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    os is fine, ppls gripes as always is apps runnable on that os, pretty much every argument of android/ios over webOS always ends up in a "we have more apps than u do, so our OS is better".

OS and apps are totally different, webOS is fine, its lack of apps compared to the other giants is its main/biggest issue, and always has been, doesnt make the OS bad tho.

i liek webOS, its plain simple and easy, sometimes i use my familys android devices and think im playing around with a needlessly complicated rubix cube (but hey its got lots of apps so must be better).
    r_wright1 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast