Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You are aware, that in the time since iOS first showed up, there have now been 4 major updates to iOS, 2 major updates to webOS, and 3 major updates to Android?
    yet the 2 major of webos still fail! Really buggy!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    os is fine, ppls gripes as always is apps runnable on that os, pretty much every argument of android/ios over webOS always ends up in a "we have more apps than u do, so our OS is better".

OS and apps are totally different, webOS is fine, its lack of apps compared to the other giants is its main/biggest issue, and always has been, doesnt make the OS bad tho.

i liek webOS, its plain simple and easy, sometimes i use my familys android devices and think im playing around with a needlessly complicated rubix cube (but hey its got lots of apps so must be better).
    I never say anything about apps or the os being bad. Just trying to figure it out why would he said ios/android copy webos! I'm just saying that I don't think ios and android copy anything from webos. More like ios and android copying each other especially android copying ios first. Like I said ios aka apple change the game of mobile os and no one ever did anything that awesome before.
    well the main thing people are mentioning for the next webOS update is twitter integration, so im guessing thats basically just 1 more addition to synergy and yet another stock app added in, nothing id really call core webOS updates, just app updates.

For something that weak its far from a good webOS update, the rest i assume will be simple bug fixes for all the stuff they broke last update, so in the end we will gain 1 app, something we didnt really need anyways as theres already decent twitter apps out there anyways.

I live in hope theres more than just that in the next OTA update.
    lar3ry and klx300r like this.
    well the main thing people are mentioning for the next webOS update is twitter integration, so im guessing thats basically just 1 more addition to synergy and yet another stock app added in, nothing id really call core webOS updates, just app updates.

For something that weak its far from a good webOS update, the rest i assume will be simple bug fixes for all the stuff they broke last update, so in the end we will gain 1 app, something we didnt really need anyways as theres already decent twitter apps out there anyways.

i hope you are wrong and that there will be more to it. otherwise what a waste of everyone's time ...oh wait, its hp we are talking about. never mind.
    Premium1 and lar3ry like this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka View Post
    i hope you are wrong and that there will be more to it. otherwise what a waste of everyone's time ...oh wait, its hp we are talking about. never mind.
    You got that right! I've never been anywhere near Twitter, and am unlikely to go anywhere near it in my lifetime. There are many things that need improvement before any more social networking apps get attention.
    + 1, don't give a rats **** about twitter etc...do care about my accelerometer working again though
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    my only gripe is that the apps even the ones for droids does not have a genre. i mean .. if it is a game, it should be listed so, and it should be possible for the os to create a game folder which automatically dump the apps into the appropriate folder, and further allow the folder to be listed either alphabetically or in popularity or in usage. the folder could be some kinda beehives or spherical cluster that can be twirled for selection.

i am not kind to the thought paid apps r just "dumped" into the download folder.

aesthetic plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    yet the 2 major of webos still fail! Really buggy!

I never say anything about apps or the os being bad. Just trying to figure it out why would he said ios/android copy webos! I'm just saying that I don't think ios and android copy anything from webos. More like ios and android copying each other especially android copying ios first. Like I said ios aka apple change the game of mobile os and no one ever did anything that awesome before.
    Well, for one thing, the newest version of Android (4. 0, ICS) uses webOS' patented (I imagine) "swipe" gesture to dismiss notifications now.

It's a start
    Yup. If HP wants money, they can sue Google now for that patent. Then MS after that for copying the cardsview multitasking in Mango. It's not exactly the same, but the metafore is pretty close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Yup. If HP wants money, they can sue Google now for that patent. Then MS after that for copying the cardsview multitasking in Mango. It's not exactly the same, but the metafore is pretty close.
    A) HP/Palm still waiting for patent rights
    B) HP/Pam is holding patent rights and cross licensing those patents with MS and Google
    Quote Originally Posted by DiDGr8 View Post
    Well, for one thing, the newest version of Android (4. 0, ICS) uses webOS' patented (I imagine) "swipe" gesture to dismiss notifications now.

It's a start
    That has been in a lot of things and Idk if it is patented.
    3.0.4 where you can Bluetooth any cell sms and voice over to touchpad was amazing. They just need to make the Bluetooth Connect feature more stable. For the price this tab can't be beat, not as efficient as iPad 2 but still fun to play with. Tbh missed the feel of webOS when switched over to android, but not the buggy nature. Looking forward to next update.
    I hardly ever make voice calls, but when I do, I love it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12