Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maverickz
  1.    #1  
    I am finding one paticular behavior in the TP browser to be extremly annoying. When reading through long webpages (which I do quite often) If I follow a link to another page when i hit the back button to return to the previous page it loads the page as if it was the first time visting, right to the top. It does not return to the previous page at the same position it was when i left the page, like every other browser on every other device I use does. I have to scroll all the way back down to find my previous location.

Big time annoying. Does anyone have a trick/solution for this behavior?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aviator8 View Post
    I am finding one paticular behavior in the TP browser to be extremly annoying. When reading through long webpages (which I do quite often) If I follow a link to another page when i hit the back button to return to the previous page it loads the page as if it was the first time visting, right to the top. It does not return to the previous page at the same position it was when i left the page, like every other browser on every other device I use does. I have to scroll all the way back down to find my previous location.

Big time annoying. Does anyone have a trick/solution for this behavior?

Thanks
    That is annoying, I usually long click links and open in new browser if I plan on returning to the original page to get around that.
    johnjaycee likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    That is annoying, I usually long click links and open in new browser if I plan on returning to the original page to get around that.
    that is an option but would like not to have to always have to open new windows and swipe them clear.
    I was just thinking about this same issue last night. I'm in for the fix...
  5.    #5  
    Bump, anyone have any other alternatives
    This issue has been reported several times and is logged into the Bug Tracking thread. The HP webOS Team is aware of the bug.

Currently, the only work-around is to open links in a new window (or tab if you use the Advanced Browser).