1.    #1  
    is there a way to use the just type feature to search for music we have stored on our touchpads?
    I believe it depends upon what you are using as your music player. It never worked for me with the stock music player, but after installing Music Player Remix, things (songs, artists, albums) would start showing up in Just Type.
  3.    #3  
    so I just bought It in the app cat. and I don't see anything coming up in just type

do I need to do anything to enable that feature?
    Go into the Just Type app and go to Quick Actions, it should be listed there for you to enable.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseincats View Post
    so I just bought It in the app cat. and I don't see anything coming up in just type

do I need to do anything to enable that feature?
    To learn about setting up Just Type with Music Player (Remix), go the FAQ on the app's Help screen (via the app menu at the top-left corner of the screen).

But basically Just Type can be configured to initiate searches for Music Player (Remix). The results will be displayed within the app, not in the Just Type console. I made a conscious decision to do it this way for several reasons:

- Search results in Just Type are not complete. Just Type search results do not display true substring results. For instance typing "mix" would not find a song called "Song Name (Remix)".

- Having the search results within the app allows me to provide additional user options. For instance, users can add items directly to a flylist, faves list, or current playlist directly from the search results.

- 3rd party music apps don't have native access to the webOS media library database via Just Type. To implement it, I'd have to index the music within the app (separate from webOS). This introduces potentially non-user friendly situations when trying to sync up the local database with the global webOS database.

So to improve the user experience, all Just Type searches have their results displayed within the app where you'll be anyway if you're planning to listen to music.

And speaking about the FAQ, be sure to check out the rest of the help resources within the app ("FAQ", "Hidden Features", "Video Tutorials", etc.). There's a lot of features to discover within the app!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  6.    #6  
    got that but thought it would show actual songs rather than a link to the app

can it do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Go into the Just Type app and go to Quick Actions, it should be listed there for you to enable.
    You're correct, Quick Actions are also supported in Music Player (Remix) for loading playlists, flylists, autolists, and other specialized commands from Just Type. But what he's asking for is setting up an App search. The details on how to do this can be found in the app's FAQ (on the Help screen).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by chaseincats View Post
    got that but thought it would show actual songs rather than a link to the app

can it do that?
    Read my first response above.

9.    #9  
    alright, thanks for the response