Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mibaksh
  1.    #1  
    My area recently had its 4G service turned on by Verizon Wireless. I had been using a 4G
    phone for a long time, but only at 3G speeds. Now that 4G is available, my phone can
    usually get 20 to 21mbps download speeds, as tested with Speedtest.net or Speakeasy.
    Upload is generally 2.5mbps to 3.5mbps.

Unfortunately, the phone is unwilling to share the same download speed with my Touchpad.

My Touchpad can only get 1mbps when paired with the phone via hotspot.
    Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm paying Verizon $20 a month for this.

What's even stranger is that my Touchpad can get over 3mbps upload speeds.
    It's only the download that's been stuck at 1mbps or below.

As usualy, VZW tech support was no help...

Any suggestions appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    My area recently had its 4G service turned on by Verizon Wireless. I had been using a 4G
    phone for a long time, but only at 3G speeds. Now that 4G is available, my phone can
    usually get 20 to 21mbps download speeds, as tested with Speedtest.net or Speakeasy.
    Upload is generally 2.5mbps to 3.5mbps.

Unfortunately, the phone is unwilling to share the same download speed with my Touchpad.

My Touchpad can only get 1mbps when paired with the phone via hotspot.
    Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm paying Verizon $20 a month for this.

What's even stranger is that my Touchpad can get over 3mbps upload speeds.
    It's only the download that's been stuck at 1mbps or below.

As usualy, VZW tech support was no help...

Any suggestions appreciated!

What does the same test do when used from a different wifi source with the touchpad?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What does the same test do when used from a different wifi source with the touchpad?
    If my Touchpad is connected to my wireless router,
    it gest around 10mbps down and 1mbps up. That's
    the speed tier that I subscribe with my ISP.

I don't think it's the phone. When my laptop is
    connected to the phone's hotspot, it does manage
    to get 20mbps down.
    <scratching head>

Now I'm more confused. If the touchpad had been slow on the wifi and the laptop fast on the phone I'd figure we had a touchpad problem pure and simple. But the fact is that it appears to be a kind of interaction between the two rather than a simple A or B problem.
    which phone Is it? You try a custom rom on it to see if that's any better? I assume its android. I did a search and I see people complaining about this with the ipad and only certain phones did it. Different phones didn't havethat problem. Just a suggestion *shrug*
    do you have preware?
    check out unthrottle download manager
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    fredd0 likes this.