11/02/2011, 02:50 PM
Here's how I force the keyboard to appear.
- Use the TP's browser and go to www.killersudokuonline.com.
- Under one of the puzzles, tap "PLAY ON-LINE". The puzzle you'd like to play is now displayed, and if you tap on any of the puzzle's boxes you will see a yellow square, but since there is no keyboard you can't enter a number.
- In the upper right corner of the web page there should be a dialog box with an HTML entry field that says "What do you think?" If the entry field is not there, leave the web page and return until it comes up.
- Tap on the "What do you think?" entry field. The keyboard should appear and you should see a flashing cursor in the entry field.
- Tap on the Tab key. Very important. This won't work if you don't tap on the Tab key.
- Now, you should be able to tap on any box in the sudoku puzzle, and the keyboard should stay on the screen allowing you to enter a number into the puzzle. It will stay on the screen as long as you don't leave the web page.
After a while, the keyboard may get "stuck" and stay on the screen even if you visit other web pages. I have not figured out which conditions cause this, but it does happen.
I realize that this "solution" only answers a very specific situation, but I hope it may give some of the sharper homebrewers out there ideas on how to fix this problem permanently, and make the keyboard appear when we need it.