Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #21  
    If HP has messed it up, maybe one of the preware genius techies could change it back to what it was, like a patch or something.
    It's really unfortunate to lose the cam.
    It's not as essential as some other things, but it sure decreases the value of the machine, not just dollar wise, but with respects to versatility and usefulness.
    My experience was that 3.0.2 produced an unusable video feed, refresh rate was way to low and the picture was Extremely blurry, I believe that this was the case for many people who were complaining about skype being unusable and in my experience it was.

3.0.4 fixed this, the refresh rate is now much much better, the picture is no longer blurry but crisp and colorful, movement fluid and accurate even in low light conditions, way better than with 3.0.2, skype is now very usable.

I what I cannot comment is on still picture quality, I had freecam on 3.0.2 but it was way to cumbersome to use the TP to take a picture of something, If something, I would recommend you to compare image quality with the stock camera app. (3.0.2 freecam vs 3.0.4 stock app)

Yet I am very surprised to read that HP broke skype with 3.0.4, this has not been my experience.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by zubiaur View Post
    My experience was that 3.0.2 produced an unusable video feed, refresh rate was way to low and the picture was Extremely blurry, I believe that this was the case for many people who were complaining about skype being unusable and in my experience it was.

3.0.4 fixed this, the refresh rate is now much much better, the picture is no longer blurry but crisp and colorful, movement fluid and accurate even in low light conditions, way better than with 3.0.2, skype is now very usable.

I what I cannot comment is on still picture quality, I had freecam on 3.0.2 but it was way to cumbersome to use the TP to take a picture of something, If something, I would recommend you to compare image quality with the stock camera app. (3.0.2 freecam vs 3.0.4 stock app)

Yet I am very surprised to read that HP broke skype with 3.0.4, this has not been my experience.
    That Is exactly what I did, comparing the cam in 3.0.2 (I used freecam as well as digicamera and the results were the same) to the same cam in 3.0.4, as well as the new HP cam app and freecam too.
    Which cam I used didn't make much of a difference.
    What was and is common between all of them in both pics and video, the image is much brighter in 3.0.2 than in 3.0.4.
    I made video samples for posting but the website did not accept the attachments, so I posted pics instead.
    The beef we all have is the poor video results.
    Very few of us care about the still photos.
    We would like to use the webcam for Skype calls and after the 3.0.4 update, it is near useless indoors, thus most of us simply don't use it at all and consider it a broken app.
    Your video experience appears to vary with ours.
    I don't know why, but I can assure you that there is a bunch of us who managed well enough with Skype video in 3.0.2, but we no longer use it with 3.0.4 because of how dark and grainy it has become indoors.
    Outdoors in sunny areas, it performs just fine.

PS: I agree that motion is very much improved after the 3.0.4 update.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12