Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel959 View Post
    It is good news because it means that development is still ongoing.

Hopefully there will be some further fixes and speed improvements.
    Hhmm.. I suppose there is a subtle difference between 'development' and 'damage control'!

As long as it finally works as it should!

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    My gosh, I just realized that we're suddenly a lot closer to 3.1.0 than we were last week!
    3.1.0 seems to be available "somewhere" already. Touchpadfans posted the following apps on 21st of October already, supposedly from 3.1.0 rom?

- Findapps_5.0.2210
    - Maps_3.1.30
    - Quickoffice.webos_2.1.2059
    Vistaus likes this.
    Interesting to note that yesterday evening, a webos employee @germboy posted a photo to twitter and it said it was posted by "WebOS Synergy". That implies whatever current version they are working on, has the ability to post a photo to twitter right out of the photos app or maybe even more.
    It says AT&T...

My guess is 3.0.4 for the 3G tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    3.1.0 seems to be available "somewhere" already. Touchpadfans posted the following apps on 21st of October already, supposedly from 3.1.0 rom?

- Findapps_5.0.2210
    - Maps_3.1.30
    - Quickoffice.webos_2.1.2059
    Has nothing to do with the OS version, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Interesting to note that yesterday evening, a webos employee @germboy posted a photo to twitter and it said it was posted by "WebOS Synergy". That implies whatever current version they are working on, has the ability to post a photo to twitter right out of the photos app or maybe even more.
    or somebody plays with 3rd party synergy plugins: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...y-enabler.html

Synergy is the most underestimated feature of webos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    One would truly hope (and dare I say it, 'expect').. that HP OTA updates at least continue until webOS is finally sorted, within the 1 year device warranty period?

That would make HP about 12 months behind 'schedule'.
    So what's new?

I don't want to dampen the hopes for ongoing OS updates but I wouldn't count on any and if they happen, great. I purchased an HP MediaSmart server which became a discontinued product between the time it shipped and the time that it was delivered to me. I figured, no problem, MS and HP will support and keep it updated for at least a year. Not a single update has ever happened.
    I'm missing nothing on my Touchpad. I would prefer 2.2.3 for my Veer. kthxbai
    I was just flipping through the webOS news app and noticed a blurb on webOS 3.0.5 and lithium benchmark results. I think I get the general point of the article but I was hoping someone with a better understanding of the French language could give us an overview.

Anyone help out?

Thanks.

webOS 3.0.5 en préparation pour le HP TouchPad... le développement de webOS continue !
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 11/02/2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Typing on a TouchPad is a PITA
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    Here's hoping 3.0.6 fixes the brand new issues created with 3.0.4. Accelerometer, Touchstone charging, sound dropping out, wifi dropouts and email app not displaying email content when notification selected.

Did I miss anything?
    How come I don't have a single one of the issues you have? I'm on 3.0.4 like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium.rx8 View Post
    I don't want to dampen the hopes for ongoing OS updates but I wouldn't count on any and if they happen, great. I purchased an HP MediaSmart server which became a discontinued product between the time it shipped and the time that it was delivered to me. I figured, no problem, MS and HP will support and keep it updated for at least a year. Not a single update has ever happened.
    But there is a difference.
    1 The TP's not really discontinued as they are still producing them at this point.
    2 But even if they'd stop producing, then it's only the hardware. The software isn't dead yet, so as long as the software is alive, that means they're at least doing somethjng with it.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    La version de webOS 3.0.5 a été détectée aujourd'hui dans les logs des applications Programme TV et Lithium Benchmark.

Dans les logs de l'application Prigramme TV de Cyril Morales, on apprend que cette version 3.0.5 est detectée sur un TouchPad disposant d'une puce 3G avec l'opérateur AT&T, mais ce n'est un TouchPad Go...

Pour Lithium BenchMark, un utilisateur a posté son indice de performance avec la fonction de partage twitter de l'applicaition, faisant apparaitre également le numéro de version 3.0.5, et un indice de performance (plus il est bas mieux c'est) impressionnant de 73, au maximum avec webOS 3.0.4 on arrive à 75 - 76 à 1.8GHz (par contre, pas moyen de connaitre les réglages de fréquence CPU de la machine en question).
    Version 3.0.5 webOS was observed today in the logs of the TV and applications Lithium Benchmark Program.

In the logs of the application Prigramme TV Cyril Morales, we learn that this version 3.0.5 is detected on a TouchPad with a 3G chip with AT & T, but this is a TouchPad GB ..

Lithium for BenchMark, a user posted his performance index with the sharing feature of twitter applicaition, showing also the version number 3.0.5, and a performance index (the lower the better) impressive 73, with a maximum webOS 3.0.4 we arrive at from 75 to 76 at 1.8GHz (for cons, no way to know the CPU frequency settings of the machine in question).

Cela impliquerait donc encore une optimisation des performances au programme pour la prochaine mise à jour OTA du TouchPad vers 3.0.5. Reste à savoir si cette version sera délivrée rapidement sur tous les TouchPads, ou alors repoussée au profit d'une mise à jour majeure 3.1.0.
    This implies a further performance tuning program for the next OTA update to 3.0.5 of the TouchPad. The question is whether this version will be issued soon on all the TouchPad, or else rejected in favor of a major upgrade to 3.1.0.

There's the translation. I'm not holding my breath.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    palmsnipe likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Version 3.0.5 webOS was observed today in the logs of the TV and applications Lithium Benchmark Program.

In the logs of the application Prigramme TV Cyril Morales, we learn that this version 3.0.5 is detected on a TouchPad with a 3G chip with AT & T, but this is a TouchPad GB ..

Lithium for BenchMark, a user posted his performance index with the sharing feature of twitter applicaition, showing also the version number 3.0.5, and a performance index (the lower the better) impressive 73, with a maximum webOS 3.0.4 we arrive at from 75 to 76 at 1.8GHz (for cons, no way to know the CPU frequency settings of the machine in question).

This implies a further performance tuning program for the next OTA update to 3.0.5 of the TouchPad. The question is whether this version will be issued soon on all the TouchPad, or else rejected in favor of a major upgrade to 3.1.0.

There's the translation. I'm not holding my breath.
    I suppose I could have Google Translated it... ;-)

Thanks for posting that. I was getting excited about the date they posted in the table.
    Uhm, they aren't still producing Touchpads; they're getting rid of their remaining stock as part of the Best Buy promotion. Once those last units are sold off, that's the end of the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It says AT&T...

My guess is 3.0.4 for the 3G tablets.
    I only had AT&T users with the TouchPad.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by palmsnipe; 11/02/2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: updated img
    Twitter / website
    Apps for webOS : Programme TV - Chrono
    <thread merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I can't wait for it to install itself, I hate all that choice nonsense.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    atg284 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    How come I don't have a single one of the issues you have? I'm on 3.0.4 like you.
    Who knows, consider yourself lucky, but If they happened to everyone then someone at HP would have noticed before it was pushed out.

Enough users are reporting problems that the issues would seem pervasive at least and alarming at worst.

In 2 years of using webOS, this is the worst update I have seen. The base OS is still the best yet but this update took us backwards IMO.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Hmmm, thanks for the link. I hope we'll soon get clues pointing towards rectified accelerometer performance with 3.05 ... really miss the 3.02 accelerometer responsiveness
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast