1. GB1
    The service packs have generally been good on my TP, but not so this time. After the 3.0.4, it starts acting laggy and unresponsive after running several days, including

- takes forever to complete loading an internet page.
    - often refuses to respond to presses, even though the screen brightens in that area to show you that it got the press.
    - has lost data. All my downloaded Time magazines disappeared, necessitating redownloading.
    - the screen darkens and lightens on it's own, for no apparent reason.

It's basically like it's doing something else in the background. The only thing will makes it better is to restart it.

Unfortunately, even THAT'S a problem! It ignored my pressing and holding the restart/power button too for several minutes until I finally got it to do it.

gb
    Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    The service packs have generally been good on my TP, but not so this time. After the 3.0.4, it starts acting laggy and unresponsive after running several days, including

- takes forever to complete loading an internet page.
    - often refuses to respond to presses, even though the screen brightens in that area to show you that it got the press.
    - has lost data. All my downloaded Time magazines disappeared, necessitating redownloading.
    - the screen darkens and lightens on it's own, for no apparent reason.

It's basically like it's doing something else in the background. The only thing will makes it better is to restart it.

Unfortunately, even THAT'S a problem! It ignored my pressing and holding the restart/power button too for several minutes until I finally got it to do it.

gb
    I have also had a lot of problems with touch response. I have not had your other problems though. I never used any version before 3.0.4 though. Could it be worth going backward to?
    Absolutely no reason to go backwards - the update brings some great fixes and updates. If your device doesn't seem to work great after the update... log into your the Manage Your Account page on the HP site and log into your profile. You can run the Doctor from there and do a full load (Doctor) of the OS onto your device. Sometimes a software update doesn't work correctly - so it's best to simply Doctor a fresh version of 3.4 onto your device.

Be sure to run the backup utility first to save your settings. And if you have any patches, game data, app settings that you wish to save - be sure to download and run the Save/Restore app from WebOS Internals first. Then you can restore all of those items after the Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Absolutely no reason to go backwards - the update brings some great fixes and updates. If your device doesn't seem to work great after the update... log into your the Manage Your Account page on the HP site and log into your profile. You can run the Doctor from there and do a full load (Doctor) of the OS onto your device. Sometimes a software update doesn't work correctly - so it's best to simply Doctor a fresh version of 3.4 onto your device.

Be sure to run the backup utility first to save your settings. And if you have any patches, game data, app settings that you wish to save - be sure to download and run the Save/Restore app from WebOS Internals first. Then you can restore all of those items after the Doctor.
    Ditto to that. I installed the update and had plenty of issues. Doctored it with the latest version and it runs heaps better!