1.    #1  
    Got a spare TP to keep as a backup for the one I use daily. Should I open it, charge it up, and get all the updates? Do I leave it sealed up in the box and forget about it? etc etc...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    personally I think getting it setup now is a great idea - with the future a little shaky you'll want to be sure it's in a useable state. and if you're buying apps occasionally, I'd power it up and download them.

not that we expect the servers to go missing in the dead of night anytime soon but...

plus if you come across any potential warranty issues you'll want to identify them sooner rather than later.

good luck!
    I need to open up my backup and get it setup, gonna try and use it every once in a while just to keep the LiIon healthy
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    As fast as technology gets updated, I'm also thinking about giving the extra TP up as a Xmas present. However, that all might depend on what news comes out of HP in the next few weeks. I'd definitely want to stick with webOS if and when new devices hopefully get released, but if the TP is all she wrote, I'll need to make sure my backup unit as well as my main unit lasts longer than well who knows how long...until something comes along that gives me a great enough incentive to switch to something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    personally I think getting it setup now is a great idea - with the future a little shaky you'll want to be sure it's in a useable state. and if you're buying apps occasionally, I'd power it up and download them.

not that we expect the servers to go missing in the dead of night anytime soon but...

plus if you come across any potential warranty issues you'll want to identify them sooner rather than later.

good luck!
    I agree. If there is a problem you will be able to get it fixed. Otherwise, you may end up with a dud.
    I also agree if your not going to sell it open it up and power it up and get the updates and make sure everything is working properly otherwise if your going to sell it later just keep it sealed.