Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SunnyPhono
  1.    #1  
    This fall in New England, with now a second major power outage, I can't tell you how much more comfortable I have been because of my webOS products. It's day 4 of my power outage, and temperatures have dropped to the low 40s in my apartment. I was able to charge my touchpads and phones off the backup generator at work yesterday, which have gone a long way toward keeping me occupied the last few days.

I took this from my apartment window using my Pre 3:

I posted a shorter version of it from the phone shortly after it happened.

ABC News contacted me to use it for World News with Diane Sawyer, who I was able to respond to thanks to my Touchpad 4G...

It is dark and cold here, gas stations that have power have crazy lines or no gas. I waited 30 minutes to get .13 cents of gasoline last night...

Millions have been without power, over 1.5 million still in the dark, freezing temps at night. One of my German coworkers yesterday commented that he didn't realize America is a third-world country....

Send warm thoughts if you can spare them....and utility crews....
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    FenrirWolf and netwrkr9 like this.
    nice, i saw your video on tv
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    You stay safe now.
    That's a crazy vid, I'm also in NE but we only got 1/2 inch of snow here in southeast CT and never lost power, but we lost it for almost a week when Irene hit

Hope you and everyone else gets power restored asap its been getting cold at night, stay safe and warm

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Sending some warmth to you from AZ. Be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Sending some warmth to you from AZ. Be safe.
    Same here man. It's 82 in Az right now.. I'll box up some of this heat and ship it out to you.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    My new TouchPad and Pre+ have been getting a workout in our local disaster here in the Hudson Valley since our power dropped late Saturday afternoon. The house has been on generator power ($48/day in gasoline), but thankfully the cable has stayed up so we have Internet access. Since every clock in the house seems to be running fast on the generator, I'm keeping the TP next to the bed as a combination emergency light, alarm clock, and network monitor for stuff at work where the power is up but still not 100% stable yet. I finally had to put the TP on the touchstone this evening, as the battery was down to 14% and I didn't think that it would make another night in the emergency light role. Instant on is a lifesaver...literally!!!!!
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the warm thoughts. We got nearly 2 feet of snow here in central CT, and with the leaves still on the trees stuff like my video was happening all over the place. Last night was def the coldest so far. It's day 8 of no power at home, and having 3 space heaters, I mean cats, has never been such a good investment before. Got power back at work Thursday afternoon, and since I work at an automated distribution center for a major pharmacy we had to scramble to get all the control systems back up so we can start shipping again Monday. Every engineer we have came in to get the job done ASAP, did it in 8 hours instead of the projected 24....cold homes make for good motivation.
    Not really a big fan of Connecticut Light and Power at this point...there's a New York Times article about how they recently cut 40% of their maintenance budget...not to mention the fact that we buy our electricity from other states at exorbitant prices and have among the highest energy costs in the country... Idk, if utilities can't manage themselves, seems like they should lose their monopolies on energy supply. This is the second time we've had parts of the state down for 7+ days.
    if I didn't have all these glorious touchpads I'd be so freaking bored. Best. investment. ever.
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    Cool video!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Nice video. Wow!
    Whoa....

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: