1.    #1  
    Today on preware, I got an update for a scientific calcualtor on my touch pad. After update, the calculator was upside down, did not work and locked up the pad. I had to reboot to get rid of it. After reboot, all my patches and the calculator program were missing. Anybody else have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    Today on preware, I got an update for a scientific calcualtor on my touch pad. After update, the calculator was upside down, did not work and locked up the pad. I had to reboot to get rid of it. After reboot, all my patches and the calculator program were missing. Anybody else have this problem.
    I presume that you are talking about Calc12cs. The orientation problem is because with 3.0.4, HP fixed the non-standard orientation designations that webOS 3 had previously used. Vibrate feedback mode is know to cause crash problems, but I don't know any reason for things disappearing. The attached ipk will fix the orientation problem and disable vibrate. I will probably put out another update later today to address a reported Pre 1 problem. (see the Calc12cs thread re that)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com...0.22.0_all.ipk
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I presume that you are talking about Calc12cs. The orientation problem is because with 3.0.4, HP fixed the non-standard orientation designations that webOS 3 had previously used. Vibrate feedback mode is know to cause crash problems, but I don't know any reason for things disappearing. The attached ipk will fix the orientation problem and disable vibrate. I will probably put out another update later today to address a reported Pre 1 problem. (see the Calc12cs thread re that)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com...0.22.0_all.ipk
    I got portrait and landscape reversed on Calc12cs 0.22 installed.
    Is this working in Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosxeng View Post
    Is this working in Pre 3?
    Works on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wentong View Post
    I got portrait and landscape reversed on Calc12cs 0.22 installed.
    On a TouchPad on 3.0.4 ? It should show a landscape view centred in all orientations. Does on mine.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/02/2011 at 06:32 AM.
    On a TouchPad on 3.0.4 ? It should show a landscape view centred in all orientations. Does on mine.
    Can confirm that Calc12CS 0.22.0 is showing correct orientation on webOS 3.0.4 after having problems with 0.21.0. Thanks for the quick update John.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    Can confirm that Calc12CS 0.22.0 is showing correct orientation on webOS 3.0.4 after having problems with 0.21.0. Thanks for the quick update John.
    +1
    yes, on 3.0.4. I got same problem on "Super Sodoku 0.98".
    yes, on 3.0.4. I got same problem on "Super Sodoku 0.98".
    Try a reboot. HP did change the orientation processing with 3.0.4
    Try a reboot. HP did change the orientation processing with 3.0.4
    Shut down and restart get same result. ;(
    Screen capture attached for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shut down and restart get same result. ;(
    Screen capture attached for reference.
    It's got me whacked. The black background should (and does on mine) occupy the full screen for starters. EDIT: And the calculator image is not enlarged x 1.5 as it should be. It doesn't seem to be recognising your TP screen size.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/02/2011 at 11:00 PM.
    It's got me whacked. The black background should (and does on mine) occupy the full screen for starters. EDIT: And the calculator image is not enlarged x 1.5 as it should be. It doesn't seem to be recognising your TP screen size.
    Sorry, it is a card view screen capture . Actually it will occupy full screen. I just show its orientation with launch bar for reference.
    Sorry, it is a card view screen capture . Actually it will occupy full screen. I just show its orientation with launch bar for reference.
    Oh! Okay.