1.    #1  
    Since I upgraded to 3.0.4 I can no longer download all my email accounts at one time by hitting the go symbol when in "all inboxes". I have to select each email inbox one at a time to download mail.

Anyone else with multiple email accounts notice this?
    Palm Pilot Professional - Palm III - Palm Color - Sony Clie - Treo 700 - HP Touchpad
    I did. I deleted my accounts and re synced them.'it worked oddly enough.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    There are various problems with the email apps. I for one could not receive any emails from my yahoo account using the Yahoo client. It worked on 3.02 but not on 3.04. I called support some people are able to get it going by doing an data erase and accounts. Set them up again. However, it still did not work.

I got my account working with the other email generic client and using that now. HP is aware of some of the problems. If you haven't called and reported it they may not know.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    There are various problems with the email apps. I for one could not receive any emails from my yahoo account using the Yahoo client. It worked on 3.02 but not on 3.04. I called support some people are able to get it going by doing an data erase and accounts. Set them up again. However, it still did not work.

I got my account working with the other email generic client and using that now. HP is aware of some of the problems. If you haven't called and reported it they may not know.
    What other generic email app?

I've been looking for any alternative to the built-in email app.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
    What other generic email app?

I've been looking for any alternative to the built-in email app.
    Goto Accounts and you'll see various selection. there is a Yahoo email, AIM, and "Email Account", that's generic. You need to pad all the server fields yourself etc. The Yahoo one does it all for you except for the logon info. Oh, select Add Accounts to see the list there. See if that works for you. Attachement handling is still no fixed if you receive one via Outlook it appears as Winmail.dat. I think they are working on fixing that.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    Goto Accounts and you'll see various selection. there is a Yahoo email, AIM, and "Email Account", that's generic. You need to pad all the server fields yourself etc. The Yahoo one does it all for you except for the logon info. Oh, select Add Accounts to see the list there. See if that works for you. Attachement handling is still no fixed if you receive one via Outlook it appears as Winmail.dat. I think they are working on fixing that.
    Thank you for the update. I was thinking though that there was another mail application I could use to view mail rather than the one that is built in with the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Non that I am aware of.

They need to fix two things.

1) Attachment processed properly from Outlook

2) Add at least another folder for reference or emails wanted to keep. So they don't get purged and can be found months later. There may be a way via a file manager to create a folder and the client will see it and show on the screen.

Hooking up to a PC everytime I want a file in the TouchPad is dumb and I certainly cannot see telling someone I cannot read you attachments on a Touchpad. A huge portion of the business world sends email via Outlook. I send to myself to get a file on my system. its the fastest way and I can get it whenever I want once I have a WiFi Connection.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Oh well, maybe if I look around i can find something on preware. thanks for the very detailed explanation of things.
    winmail.dat is pretty much only supported by Outlook. I don't know if there's *any* mobile email client that supports it out of the box. Most desktop and webmail clients don't support it either.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    winmail.dat is pretty much only supported by Outlook. I don't know if there's *any* mobile email client that supports it out of the box. Most desktop and webmail clients don't support it either.
    I am aware of that. Consider that most of the business world uses Outlook servers & many users having office use outlook as well. If I was dependent on my smartphone or TP for email if would be a major problem not being able to open any attachment. That's .doc, xls, jpg, PDF etc. I for one get all mail on my notebook as well.

Being a user help forum There Is a Work around!
    From outlook you can switch the mail format to TEXT MODE. Attachments will then arrive normally. However its very difficult to ask someone to format their email as text only and resend the attachment. Most would not know how or do it. The receiving client needs to Handle it.
    Maybe we need Outlook Mobile

Therefore if you want a file on your own touchpad. In you New mail window select the Options tab, you'll see in the ribbon about 5 groups over. Select PLAIN TEXT and continue as desired with content and attachments. You'll get them all normall and the can be saved to the TP for reference since editing is not possible at this time with the Office reader or image viewer. Not even rotating an image (surprised with that). this is far easier than hooking up via the USB port. When ever you get a WiFi connnection the attachments will arrive anywhere you are resolving the problem for yourself. However, few people send emails in plain text. Its either HTML or Rich Text formated email which is preferred for the majority of people.

Its hard to believe that in this day and age that this is still a problem and I recall working on that same issue with Netscape mail over 15 years ago in my support IT roll. Surely Microsoft would not have an objection to smart devices being able to receive their own email with attachments intact. This would be a killer if frequent attachments were coming in on my phone or PDA touchpad. It forces everyone to go back to the notebook for the full picture.

This of course is my opinion and HP is aware of it. I have told them a few times in the last month.
    Last edited by tripplec; 11/05/2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added additonal paragraphs