1.    #1  
    The TP is my first touchsreen device. The screen sensitivity is much worse than my son's iPad2. I often have to touch 2 or 3 times and then it often thinks I want to copy. Sometimes the link will highlight but nothing happens. I do have a screen protector installed but I don't think that's it. Is touch "technique" more important on the the TP than the iPad?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
    The TP is my first touchsreen device. The screen sensitivity is much worse than my son's iPad2. I often have to touch 2 or 3 times and then it often thinks I want to copy. Sometimes the link will highlight but nothing happens. I do have a screen protector installed but I don't think that's it. Is touch "technique" more important on the the TP than the iPad?
    No you're not alone with your touchscreen sensitivity issue. There seems to be a "sweet spot" in terms of the duration of the touch. Too short and you get nothing, too long and you get the 'Copy' prompt that you're seeing.

Most devices I have used in the past do not have this issue. It's not a hardware issue because after I installed Android on it, everything was perfect - I could play Fruit Ninja like a champ and touches registered fine in everything else.
    install buttah from preware.

When I was running 3.0.2 I had the touch and sensitivity 10 patch installed to make it responsive, but 3.0.4 seems to have disabled that one and I had the same issues as you describe. Just installed buttah(which seems to have replaced the previous touch patch) and things are back to responsive again.

of course.....YMMV
    thanks.

I was wondering about the increase touch sensitivity app. What a name, buttah.
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoles View Post
    install buttah from preware.

When I was running 3.0.2 I had the touch and sensitivity 10 patch installed to make it responsive, but 3.0.4 seems to have disabled that one and I had the same issues as you describe. Just installed buttah(which seems to have replaced the previous touch patch) and things are back to responsive again.

of course.....YMMV
    I have the Increase Touch Sensitivety patch installed and there was an update to it lately, but it occurs to me that there still are some problems …

Could anybody please tell us if Buttah is more effective than ITS?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    I have the Increase Touch Sensitivety patch installed and there was an update to it lately, but it occurs to me that there still are some problems …

Could anybody please tell us if Buttah is more effective than ITS?

Thanks!
    I could be wrong but Buttah is the former increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10. When I installed it, I think I saw something like that in the info page.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by loubapache View Post
    I could be wrong but Buttah is the former increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10. When I installed it, I think I saw something like that in the info page.

Based on the release number, I think you are correct. I installed it anyway but I'm not sure it's better yet.
    after I installed 3.0.4 I thought the touch sensitivity was better then the previous version, but after buttah it was it is great!
    I agree, Buttah seems to be smoother and more functional then the TS patch.
    I can't get buttah to install. Any ideas?
    I installed but don't see any difference...yet
    I just sent mine in for repair. My problem is an intermittent problem that has been occurring with far greater frequency the longer I’ve had the device. As of the last day I used the device, the problem has become almost constant with only occasional proper functioning.

Problems:
    1. The Touchpad touch screen “fires” without touching. The round touch screen indicator shows up as though a finger touches the screen even though no finger touch is made or even nearby the screen. This seems to occur most frequently in the center left area of the screen when held in landscape mode.
    2. At other times the Touchpad screen loses all responsiveness and touches are not recognized at all.
    3. Other times touching the keyboard results in multiple characters being created.
    4. Also at times, the touch response seems to be at points below the area touched.
    5. When running the “Device Info / Diagnostics / Interactive / Touch Sensors” tool, the squares turn green only sometimes if at all. However, occasionally this test runs flawlessly.
    6. The problem is usually worst after removing the device from the TouchStone (i.e., fully charged and warmer than normal).
    7. The problem sometimes improves by pressing the power button once to put the device in “sleep” mode then again to wake the device. Sometimes it can only improve with a full system reset or power cycle.
    8. I have a second TouchPad that does not perform this way.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    TPs sensitivity, acuracy, and timing is a notch below Ipad and unfortunately nothing is going to change this. Its a factor of hardware and software. Apple intensely focuses on the tactile aspects of their touch devices.

Buttah will help as well as learning the 'touch timing' of the TP.
    My TP screen sometimes (usually after restart) become so sensitive. Very close to my ipad. But after several app opened and connected with pre3, sensitivity of the screen decreased. Sometimes it even stop works at all. Sometimes restart can fix sometimes don't. But so far it still works even not as good as I hope. My solution for now just restart device or turn off for mement then turn on again. Buttah indeed help but not so significant.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emo72 View Post
    I can't get buttah to install. Any ideas?
    Uninstall the Touchpad Sensitivity 10 patch and try it. That worked for me.