1.    #1  
    I've had my TP since the initial release. I've been connecting to two networks without any issues since day one. All of a sudden this morning I can't connect to either network. I can see the wifi networks in the wifi prefs. When I try to connect I get "Association Failed". I even made the networks 'open' and still couldn't connect.

Anyone have any suggestion how to fix this? I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything. My gut is telling me the TP is communicating with the wifi routers just fine but might be having trouble acquiring an ip address.

Any help would be appreciated.
    try rebooting the routers if you have access to them. That seems to fix some of the connection issues. I previously had random connection issues and would get ip configuration failed messages - reboot of router fixed it. Since 3.0.4 no connection issues
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    try rebooting the routers if you have access to them. That seems to fix some of the connection issues. I previously had random connection issues and would get ip configuration failed messages - reboot of router fixed it. Since 3.0.4 no connection issues
    Tried that with no luck.
    Forget the network and reconnect.
    This happens to me every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    This is what I do.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I've tried that too. I'm totally stumped.
    Are they your routers or public routers? If yours has anything changed on the router side? If you have a nearby neighbor, it's possible someone got a powerful new router set to the same channel.
    manually set the Ip info?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Are they your routers or public routers? If yours has anything changed on the router side? If you have a nearby neighbor, it's possible someone got a powerful new router set to the same channel.
    One is my office router. The other is Connectify running on my laptop. Nothing has changed on either (I'm in IT at work so I checked to make sure nothing changed with our wifi access). A neighbor in our office building could have put up a new router. I haven't tested to see if it still connects to my home network. I'll check my home network when I leave work this afternoon. I have tried connecting to my Pre+ mobile hotspot and it no longer works either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    manually set the Ip info?
    This would be a pain since I connect to three different wifi networks each day but I'll search for instructions and see if it works.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    new bug i think disconnecting and reconnecting works
    I have this problem once in a while since the latest update.

I just wanted to point out that rebooting your router is fine, as long as it isn't an at&t model. I did that once and it was a nightmare to get repaired. I've always been told to reboot and apparently at&t decided to make that screw up the router something fierce.

Just a heads up, since no one told me
    same thing happens to me at home. i have a dLink router through Comcast/Xfinity. Everynow and then we get a bump or a interruption. They always tell me to just disconnect the AC power, wait 10 to 20 seconds, reconnect, and viola! On your phone, just turn off and then turn on Wifi setting. Contact your carrier if problems persist. Best of Luck.
  13.    #13  
    FWIW, I figured out the problem. I installed TouchVol over the weekend and this app seemed to be the culprit. After I uninstalled it everything started working fine. I also had strange sound, shutdown, & restart issues after installing this.