1.    #1  
    i have connected my touchpad to my amp via a headphone to phono cable to play my music through the living room speakers, but im getting absolutely nothing, i just cant see where i can be going wrong with something so blummin simple. am i missing something ? .. thankyou
  2.    #2  
    oops, not sure why its appeared 3 times, sorry
    Should work.
    Could be your adapter cable is broken or the wrong type, do headphones work when you plug them into the touchpad? On the amp, are you actually plugging into the PHONO inputs? You may have more luck with AUX or CD, since PHONO is for phonograph which inputs at a much lower level and may be ignoring the headphone level output from the TP.
    USRobotics Palm Pilot -> Palm 3e -> Treo 180 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by errhead View Post
    Could be your adapter cable is broken or the wrong type, do headphones work when you plug them into the touchpad? On the amp, are you actually plugging into the PHONO inputs? You may have more luck with AUX or CD, since PHONO is for phonograph which inputs at a much lower level and may be ignoring the headphone level output from the TP.
    hi, yes, headphones work in the touchpad, but .. so does the cable as i tried it with an old cd player i have knocking around, so the plot thickens .. thanks for the reply
    Have you turned the vol on the touchpad to maximum?
    Do you have the touchpad case on th pad. Some audio plugs are too fat to properly plug into the space provided by the rubber opening. I figured this out when testing ipod speakers.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Have you turned the vol on the touchpad to maximum?
    Do you have the touchpad case on th pad. Some audio plugs are too fat to properly plug into the space provided by the rubber opening. I figured this out when testing ipod speakers.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Same!

do you have it plugged it into the right left right plugs do you have a pre amp with different channels are you plugged into the right channel.
    That should have worked, can you hear the TouchPad audio?
    I've read the TouchPad speaker doesn't mute when headphone jack is used.
    Did you switch your amp on the Aux function ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWest View Post
    I've read the TouchPad speaker doesn't mute when headphone jack is used.
    I have read that too but I have found that it isn't true. I use headphones (earbuds) quite often with my TouchPad and the speaker always mutes. I also used the headphone jack to hook up a cable to my home stereo and it works fine.

One thing that I have noticed that if the volume is high when you plug in the headphones the sound sometimes is not heard on the headphones. My solution is to turn down the sound (three bars or so) BEFORE you plug in anything to the headphone jack.
    As you're using phono connectors it sounds like you're connecting to a line in (high impedance) type input on the hifi, these are not designed to accept (low impedance) signals from headphone sockets.

You might get acceptable results by turning the volume up as said above but you may need to fit a preamp of some sort. Either way you're probably not going to get great sound out of it.
    <duplicate threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...