Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By bcnu2
  1.    #1  
    I am new here and joined just to impart my recent knowledge. Glad to be here. The TP Is/can be more than what it is out of the box. You DO NOT have to be a gear head, no offense, to tweak this tab and unlock an amazing device.

So, I got my 32gb TP during the firesale. I was a bit skeptical at first as this is my first tablet. I was hesitant to tweak or modify anything but felt recovery was easy. It is.

Frankly, I thought the tablet was pretty damned fast stock...really. Then I took a chance and discovered a new device altogether.

All I did was add Preware and:

installed Govnah
    installed UK
    installed volume increase
    installed smooth scrolling
    installed download speed unthrottler
    ...and turned off logging

and literally, have a rocket now. It's simple and anyone can/should do it. I'm no techie so please take the chance to have a tablet that really blows away anything out there.

Thank you Preware and Internals Team.
    Last edited by bcnu2; 10/30/2011 at 02:24 PM.
    yep and there is more to add everyday !! Theme Manager is the newest awesomeness to come to the touchpad . check it out you will like it !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Will check out that Theme Manger
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Where is theme manager ?
    welcome to the family bcnu2. i was not a "hacker" level techie either and found the instructions and task to supercharge my sprint pre so simple that im now wondering if i should've gone the CIS degree route like my brother. didnt think i was smart enough but now i want to start taking classes and develop apps. my little brother is the unix admin for hotwire.com/expedia and he is VERY comfy lifestyle wise
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yep and there is more to add everyday !! Theme Manager is the newest awesomeness to come to the touchpad . check it out you will like it !!
    Where is this theme manager?
    Where is this theme manager?
    its in the beta feeds

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    its in the beta feeds

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    And, where do we find beta feeds??
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    And, where do we find beta feeds??
    Preware, you should be able to enable it from the settings and feeds page in the app. If in doubt, read up on the wiki or download the help app for .99.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks for that post.... I've followed suit and installed the same ones