Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dsol
  1.    #1  
    I'm having a unique problem with my speakers.. They are fine. But if i don't use the device for 7-8 hours it doesn't play the audio properly. I hear the sound but its so low and quirky.. All i need to do is shutdown and restart. Once i do that its working fine again. Same story next day..

I was not sure if someone else faced this problem, that's why started a new thread.

Im just running the latest webos version and have installed or changed anything.

Please help.
    There are issues with distorted sound ever since the 3.0.4 update. Usually a reboot takes care of it.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    I'm preware there is a utility that restarts the sound process. That may help.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah.. I just saw the other thread too just now. I was chatting with Griffen from webos chat support and he told me to try Erase App and Data option.
    You can only fix temporarily. Don't spend any time trying to fix other than reboot. Tech support will be unable to help and quite frankly be a waste of your time.

Be prepared for a few more bugs to show up too, namely, autocorrect will go haywire and you will have to disable it and likely trouble with the accelerometer if you play games.

all are issues with the latest OS build.

The only chance for a fix prior to HP releasing a new update will likely be seen in this forum.

The good news is that you can live with these bugs for a short while until they get fixed.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    And those are problem,s only a small number of people are having.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    And those are problem,s only a small number of people are having.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Maybe so, and it seems like perhaps the accelerometer issues are not as bad as reported initially, however the instances of the auto correct and speaker issue whatever the extent are still unacceptable.

In most cases when I read about a bug I am either suspect about it or assume it is a patched or modified device and something is not playing well with something else. But when you later confirm there are many others and you can't fix the bug it gets really annoying.

IMO, a device like this, which by the way I am solidly happy with overall, that touts its audio performance (remember all the Beats Audio references) should not have an update that severely impairs the audio like is happening to enough people here. Imagine you are getting ready to take an international flight, you rented a couple of movies from the online store, bought some new music and you pull out your TP after take off and are forced to reboot your device every 10 minutes so you can hear through your expensive noise cancelling headphones (or Beats for that matter). I think you would be very upset, and rightly so.

People are more than welcome to disagree with my opinion here, and clearly some do, and perhaps my comment about being prepared for more bugs is negative, but I don't think it is right for some to justify a known issue by minimizing the frequency of its impact on the user base. The OP is experiencing a real and frustrating issue and he or she did nothing to cause it and likely won't be able to fix it unless a new update is pushed out or one of the developer who contribute to this site isolates and makes a patch that fixes it once and for all. Kary10, I feel your pain.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    next_milenium likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Maybe so, and it seems like perhaps the accelerometer issues are not as bad as reported initially, however the instances of the auto correct and speaker issue whatever the extent are still unacceptable.

In most cases when I read about a bug I am either suspect about it or assume it is a patched or modified device and something is not playing well with something else. But when you later confirm there are many others and you can't fix the bug it gets really annoying.

IMO, a device like this, which by the way I am solidly happy with overall, that touts its audio performance (remember all the Beats Audio references) should not have an update that severely impairs the audio like is happening to enough people here. Imagine you are getting ready to take an international flight, you rented a couple of movies from the online store, bought some new music and you pull out your TP after take off and are forced to reboot your device every 10 minutes so you can hear through your expensive noise cancelling headphones (or Beats for that matter). I think you would be very upset, and rightly so.

People are more than welcome to disagree with my opinion here, and clearly some do, and perhaps my comment about being prepared for more bugs is negative, but I don't think it is right for some to justify a known issue by minimizing the frequency of its impact on the user base. The OP is experiencing a real and frustrating issue and he or she did nothing to cause it and likely won't be able to fix it unless a new update is pushed out or one of the developer who contribute to this site isolates and makes a patch that fixes it once and for all. Kary10, I feel your pain.
    completely agreed.
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm preware there is a utility that restarts the sound process. That may help.
    What is the name of the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    What is the name of the patch?
    pulse Audio tho' some way it does not help. I usually reboot to clear audio
    the pulse audio restarter works only sometmes. Doesanyone have anaccelerometer that works on 3.04? Does anyone have autocorrect that works? If you haven't experenced distorted audio I would add yet. Seems pretty widespread...
    Maybe it's just my imagination, but it now seems to happen more often on my TP.