Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have this issue? Press top of rocker to turn up and it turns down most of the time, have to fiddle with it to get it to go up, pressing the bottom to turn down and it seems to hardly press in, but does turn it down.

    Not an issue worth returning it for of course, just kinda a bummer. Can always use the touch options if it craps out altogether.

    There is the TouchVol app, but waiting on it to become a bit more mature.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf... View Post
    Anyone have this issue? Press top of rocker to turn up and it turns down most of the time, have to fiddle with it to get it to go up, pressing the bottom to turn down and it seems to hardly press in, but does turn it down.

    Not an issue worth returning it for of course, just kinda a bummer. Can always use the touch options if it craps out altogether.

    There is the TouchVol app, but waiting on it to become a bit more mature.
    I have this exact problem, yes. When my 32G arrived, I noticed that the volume down button felt a bit "mushy." Then I put it in a silicon case and mostly forgot about it. Just last night, I pulled the case off, and noticed that the problem had seemingly gotten worse. There is no "click" at all to the down button [but the top is fine]. It WILL turn down the volume if you mash it, but there's no feedback, so the experience is a bit difficult.

    My girlfriend's 16G does not have this problem; both up and down are raised, clicky, and responsive.

    I've already done warranty returns on one TouchPad and a keyboard...I really don't want to go through that again. Unfortunately my experience with products from the TouchPad line has been very flakey--the build quality just doesn't seem to be that great.

    Currently browsing iFixit...
  3. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #3  
    My wifes one is like that too.

    Alan
  4. #4  
    Update: iFixit's method will guaranteed break some internal tabs [warranty-voiding], so I am holding off on that.

    A guy on the XDA forums was able to bargain his way to an advanced exchange with HP [where they ship out a replacement device along with the return box for the defective unit].

    I may go this route; I'm going to try and use my crappy build quality history as leverage.
  5. #5  
    I just noticed today after removing case that device is lowering volume by itself... :-(
  6. #6  
    Just finished up a web chat with HP.

    The rep agreed to do an advanced exchange for free, with no credit card hold [after some polite negotiation, pointing out many previous build quality issues on my account]. I'm pleased.
  7. #7  
    I really dont want to send my TP back or get a new one... Has anyone had any luck trying to fix a volume rocker button that spontaneously changes the volume by itself (is stuck)?

    I'm thinking, compressed air, electrical contact cleaner, or perhaps drilling a tiny hole into the end of the rocker, inserting a tiny screw, and pulling the rocker off. for $99 I figure it is a plaything now...
  8. #8  
    Well if you're not worried about making holes or voiding warranties, why not just use an iFixit guide to tear it apart and take a look inside? I'm curious to see what could be accomplished with this method...
  9. #9  
    I just called HP tech support, and they suggested I update to 3.0.4 to solve my H/W problem.
  10. rompre's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'm having the exact same problem. MY volume down button is not clicking anymore and its annoying to see it turning my volume down. Is there a preware patch to disable the hardware volume buttons? I'm thinking of just relying on the software slider on the sound settings menu.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rompre View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. MY volume down button is not clicking anymore and its annoying to see it turning my volume down. Is there a preware patch to disable the hardware volume buttons? I'm thinking of just relying on the software slider on the sound settings menu.
    I use TouchVol from preware, and Device Info for restart/shutdown. Touchstone for boot/wake up, and try to use the buttons as seldom as possible. Mechanical points of failure over time.
  12. rompre's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I use TouchVol from preware, and Device Info for restart/shutdown. Touchstone for boot/wake up, and try to use the buttons as seldom as possible. Mechanical points of failure over time.
    thanks gergev but I tried TouchVol but don't see any option to disable the hardware buttons..
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    I use TouchVol from preware, and Device Info for restart/shutdown. Touchstone for boot/wake up, and try to use the buttons as seldom as possible. Mechanical points of failure over time.
    agreed, stopped using home to shrink to cards on day one. Use swipe...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    agreed, stopped using home to shrink to cards on day one. Use swipe...
    I wasn't aware home shrunk cards
    I only use it to escape a frozen card, or in conjunction with power button if the TP crashed.

Posting Permissions