1.    #1  
    I've tried to search google and the precentral forum and it doesn't seem like many people have had this issue, so here goes.

Ever since updating to 3.0.4 (had preware installed, uberkernel overclocked to 1.5ghz), youtube videos have been painfully slow. They start to play, then half way through they simply stop and the loading circle spins and spins without ever actually finishing to load the video. i've noticed that when i first start the video, the grey progress bar doesn't go the whole way any more (it used to in 3.0.2), and it stops just above the timer on the youtube video player. If i pause and wait a few minutes, and then replay, the grey progress bar finishes to the end, however the video will stop at the point just above the timer.

I've set logging to minimal, cleared logs, i've updated the muffle system logging patch, unthrottle download manager is updated, and videos are still just spinning and spinning. any ideas on what I should try next? local movies i've saved work perfectly fine, it only seems to be streaming. my connection is fine, as i've played a video on my laptop and on the touchpad at the same time and the laptop finishes it through, while the touchpad stops about a minute in (on a 5 minute video). Thanks for any tips!

UPDATE: so browsing some other Touchpad-dedicated forum lead me to try to change the security settings on my router from WPA2 Personal to WPA2+WPA Mixed Mode and that seems to have done the trick, youtube streaming flawlessly now, no more unable to load page errors (yet), so hopefully that fixes the issue for some of you people that may be suffering in silence.
    Last edited by rottentofu; 10/29/2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I haven't said anything because I hardly ever watch videos but some some, like youtube, loads the video and then the Touchpad reloads the page right when it's about to play. It does this over and over again.
  3.    #3  
    I get that same problem on Yahoo Fantasy Sports pages, it does it about 4 times and then stops reloading and stays on the page...i just chalked it up to ads being loaded one at a time or something like that...
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rottentofu View Post
    I get that same problem on Yahoo Fantasy Sports pages, it does it about 4 times and then stops reloading and stays on the page...i just chalked it up to ads being loaded one at a time or something like that...
    I wonder if the Maxblocker is causing the issue.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    I wonder if the Maxblocker is causing the issue.
    i just removed ad blocker (just a different patch for the same purpose me thinks), and the page still has that refresh issue. it's not a huge deal, i've only every noticed it on my fantasy football league page, and i usually just hit X before it refreshes. it's annoying, but i can live with it. thanks for the suggestion though.
    Hi rottentofu, have you ever got to the bottom of this? I am having the exact same problem. Thanks.
    I used to have this issue with 3.0.4.

After updating to 3.0.5 and installing ad blocker patch, I no longer experience this. I know that some websites auto-refresh so it's not TP's fault.