Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I first got my HP Touchpad it connected to wi-fi great, but after a month it stopped working. I got many replacements from HP, but they didn't work. I got another touchpad from the mail and it didn't work. I went to a public wi-fi zone and it worked. I hacked it with cyanogenmod and it worked. I have gotten many routers and none of them worked and I got a new modem and it didn't work. I have use WEP, WPA, WPA2, and no security and none worked. What do I do to make webOS work again. Please help.
    do a search. There are several threads with lots of different solutions.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    have you try FULL ERASE? It work for me try and replace your router in another place
    of your house or office
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony20 View Post
    do a search. There are several threads with lots of different solutions.
    I did many days worth of searches on many forums and I tried many solutions but none worked.
    Last edited by n0cus; 11/04/2011 at 03:49 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969bob View Post
    have you try FULL ERASE? It work for me try and replace your router in another place
    of your house or office
    I have done many full erases and I have tried to put my router in another place.
    set router to G only. no N.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    I found setting my router to WPA2 and setting a static ip on my touchpad made a huge difference
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    My router is b and g only.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nateboi81 View Post
    I found setting my router to WPA2 and setting a static ip on my touchpad made a huge difference
    That didn't work on mine.
  10.    #10  
    Do HP touchpads not like DSL connections?
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cus View Post
    That shouldn't matter,

To fix my issue, I put my router in aes mode and turned on mixed mode g/n (n only caused issues, even though it is using n ).
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cus View Post
    Touchpads and anything else for that matter don't care what WAN connection you are using (DSL, cable, cellular, satellite, magic).
  13.    #13  
    Do you think maybe there is a bug in webOS?
    The 3.0.4 update fixed my Wifi WPA2 enterprise PEAP mschap problem which I had been facing for weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    That shouldn't matter,

To fix my issue, I put my router in aes mode and turned on mixed mode g/n (n only caused issues, even though it is using n ).
    This!

When I first got my touchpad is was alittle flakey when streaming from youtube.

Router is a DGL 4500 in n/g Mode.

when I switched it to AES only it made a huge difference.
  16.    #16  
    Shouldn't the HP touchpad work fine with no security on the wifi network?
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    I changed the wifi channel when this was happening to me with the TouchPad. There must have been some kind of interference because that fixed it right away.
    Same here, I used a free programme called inssider to scan for local channels and found everyone of them including mine was on chanel 1,I changed mine and the improvement was massive
  19.    #19  
    I mean my touchpad doesn't just have spotty Wi-Fi connection it just doesn't connect at all. It says association failed or unable to connect.
    I have not had any issues related to wifi, other than a page that occassionally won't load in a browser and always does when I try again so I can't say that is wifi or something else.

It seems you have had way too many issues on too many devices. Possibly it is software related? Have you tried doctoring back to a fresh device and creating a new profile so that nothing installs and no patches, etc.? Then don't install a single app and try to connect to your router. Or maybe go to a free public and see if you have any luck.

if you have success then you can slowly add back all your apps then install preware and install hb apps, and lastly patches.

This will require time and patience but will be worth it.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast