Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    just reread your original post and it says it worked at a public wifi. So what makes you think it is the TP?

It almost has to be your home environment, either router, settings or interference. Plus it seems you are introducing tons of variables with all the mods you have made.

Go try again at a public wifi as is and if it works then try connecting to a friends router. If that works too then you will know the answer is your home router/environment.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I have not had any issues related to wifi, other than a page that occassionally won't load in a browser and always does when I try again so I can't say that is wifi or something else.

It seems you have had way too many issues on too many devices. Possibly it is software related? Have you tried doctoring back to a fresh device and creating a new profile so that nothing installs and no patches, etc.? Then don't install a single app and try to connect to your router. Or maybe go to a free public and see if you have any luck.

if you have success then you can slowly add back all your apps then install preware and install hb apps, and lastly patches.

This will require time and patience but will be worth it.
    I tried doctoring it several times but, when I do I can't even get through the startup screen. I know it is not hardware related because cyanogenmod's wifi works great. I think it is software related.
    If you can't even doctor it then I would say your problem is bigger than wifi.

I am wondering if cyanogenmod messed up something. I don't know anything about that app but I think that is the culprit.

I agree that hardware is likely fine.

I bet if you are able to doctor back to stock you will be fine. Good luck finding the help but you might try researching other threads about issues with doctoring.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I have a Comcast supplied Netgear WGR614v8 (b and g) set to WPA2-PSK [AES]. It has provided a stable connection.
    Just setup a refurbished Cisco Linksys E1000 N router to see if it would speed things up for video playback, but didn't make much of a difference. Speedtest.net yielded similar results for both. The range on the Linksys was slightly better, despite no external antenna, but it does drop out more than the Netgear. I'll see if dd-wrt may make a difference in stability on the E1000.
    I'll get the occasional association failed message when switching between the two networks, but turning off/on wifi usually helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cus View Post
    When I first got my HP Touchpad it connected to wi-fi great, but after a month it stopped working. I got many replacements from HP, but they didn't work. I got another touchpad from the mail and it didn't work. I went to a public wi-fi zone and it worked. I hacked it with cyanogenmod and it worked. I have gotten many routers and none of them worked and I got a new modem and it didn't work. I have use WEP, WPA, WPA2, and no security and none worked. What do I do to make webOS work again. Please help.
    Every time I return to an area with known routers, I find I have to open "Wi-Fi Preferences," turn off wi-fi, turn it on again, and then manually select the router I want.

Sometimes it makes me re-enter the router's password. Major PITA!

I am hoping this will be fixed in webOS 3.0.5
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Your TPad should autoconnect to any known wifi routers . ?? Its not doing that ? If it isn't , what makes you think its a bug and not something wrong with you TPad ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Your TPad should autoconnect to any known wifi routers . ?? Its not doing that ? If it isn't , what makes you think its a bug and not something wrong with you TPad ?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Because, it works fine when he boots in Android, thus eliminating h/w.

The fact he can't doctor it and he has tried several times tells me it is s/w--again because it works fine when booted in android.

I guess the other question is has he ever doctored it successfully in the past? It is possible that is a different issue too.

Shadavis, do you know why he would be unable to get through the start up screen?
    Weird issue I had at my girlfriend's college last week, My TP works perfect when connected to my phone via free tether, or my WiFi networks at home, as well as my WiFi networks at work, but as soon as I got into her school all my radio signals were messed up. It wouldn't pick any WiFi network up not even my phone, it would just keep searching, then it found it after about 30mins and would keep going on and off without showing any of the other networks around, while my phone picked all of them up. any idea as to what is going on? Thanks
    where i can find anti virus for HP TouchPad , thanks .
  10.    #30  
    If you can't even doctor it then I would say your problem is bigger than wifi.

I am wondering if cyanogenmod messed up something. I don't know anything about that app but I think that is the culprit.

I agree that hardware is likely fine.

I bet if you are able to doctor back to stock you will be fine. Good luck finding the help but you might try researching other threads about issues with doctoring.
    It doctored up fine but I couldn't get through the startup screen because you need wi-fi and I doctored it way before I hacked it.
  11.    #31  
    just reread your original post and it says it worked at a public wifi. So what makes you think it is the TP?

It almost has to be your home environment, either router, settings or interference. Plus it seems you are introducing tons of variables with all the mods you have made.

Go try again at a public wifi as is and if it works then try connecting to a friends router. If that works too then you will know the answer is your home router/environment.
    I know it isn't the mods because it still didn't work before the mods. I hacked it because it didn't work. When I try to connect to a local open wifi network from my house it still doesn't work. I thought it might of been a bug in webOS that it doesn't work when there a too many networks.
  12.    #32  
    Do you think the touchpad may be unable to connect when there are too many networks. There is over ten in my area.
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cus View Post
    Do you think the touchpad may be unable to connect when there are too many networks. There is over ten in my area.
    I can see about 20 right now and have no problem connecting to mine.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I can see about 20 right now and have no problem connecting to mine.
    Okay thanks I was wondering.
  15.    #35  
    I think my issues have something to do with inference. That would explain why I can connect in other areas, but mine.
    I could not figure out why mine would not work at home and it worked fine every where else so I knew it was not the TP. It turns out it is the TP because it will not and does not like wirless N. I turned off N and all is well but I want N speeds for everything else I use like my XOOM and my laptop which run just fine on N. I have tried everything, turned off any WEP and MAC filtering and no luck.
    Again, everything else runs perfect on my N router except for the TP which will not work fast for a second or two when first connected and then goes super slow and useless.

Any ideas, I tried every combination and permutation on the router and always the TP connects at very high speeds and then slows to a useless crawl like it is doing some kind of throttle down.
    While not the first time I've heard reports of folks having to "turn off" N and use only G to get touchpads to work, mine works just fine with N on my Cisco E3000 router since day one, At least at 2.4GHz, 5GHz is flakey but is with all my devices not just the touchpad due I think mostly to the limited range of 5GHz.
    What else do you have on your local network and at what speed is your local network running. I have a surfboard 6121 b/g/n modem on comcast with a netgear 300 which is also b/g/n. The network runs at 54 Mbps apparently because I have an five year laptop on it as well as two new ones, two printers, and the touchpad. New touchpads support n but I'm not sure about mine- hardware version A' product# FB359UA#ABA. Net speeds of course depend on what your provider is supplying. I do get lower values and poorer ping numbers with the touchpad than with the new laptops.
    A few nights ago, my TP had no internet connection at home (stable wifi network). My laptop also did not have internet. I told my daughter when she came home that the internet was down. A little while later, she told me it was up (she had connected with her iPad 2). I was still unable to connect with my TP or laptop. I waited for her to finish her surfing, rebooted my router all we could all connect then. I don't know what happened but something in the router was acting up. I had already rebooted the TP and laptop before rebooting the router and they both were not working.
    Over the last few days I've noticed that my web pages would not load. After a few tries, despite confirming a wi-fi connection, the pages would finally load. Email would also be hit or miss. This would occur with my home network and my work wi-fi network.

Sometime before noon today I started getting the message "No internet connection" when trying to refresh email. No web pages will load. Although it appears that I am connecting to the router here at work correctly. Preware won't load without error. It eventually shows my installed patches, but nothing more. I have done several luna restarts and a full shut down and reboot to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast