Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just discovered that if your using microsoft security essentials antivirus on pc you can scan hp touchpad with it,connect touchpad to pc, and put in USB mode,click on computer on pc find touchpad,right click and it will let you scan touchpad with MSE
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Considering webOS is based on linux, scanning for windows viruses is sort of pointless. The only thing to really worry about would be somebody purposely writting spyware or a malicious patch. Which, I'm sure would be all over the forums and you would know not to install/how to avoid.
    Thumb drives don't have any operating system at all, and they can easily be used to introduce viruses into a computer. That happens all the time. So while I also cannot imagine anybody bothering to try and write a virus for the TP specifically, if you are regularly connecting the TP to PCs, an occasional virus scan of the TP isn't a complete waste of time.
    Only very popular systems have viruses wroten for them. It would be great if webOS had any!
    Thing is, you are only scanning the USB partition... so the comments about linux and popular operating systems are moot. You could still technically download a windows virus to the USB partition and have it introduced to your windows box next time it's plugged in.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...