1.    #1  
    I bought an HP touchpad from the second chance OnSale sale. When I received my touchpad, it was damaged. The case was scuffed up and the display had lint under the touch screen. I sent my device in for repair. After a couple of weeks I got my touchpad back. To my dismay, it was not repaired. I called HP corporate WebOs support. I requested an advance exchange unit. I also asked for a case since I had so much trouble with getting my touchpad repaired. I was shipped out a case and a replacement touchpad within a week. I received the replacement touchpad this past Wednesday October 26th. I inspected the replacement touchpad. The touch screen was not flush with the chassis. It seems that when the device I received was repaired, not enough adhesive was used to secure the touchscreen to the chassis. Other than that, the touchpad was in great shape. I shipped my original OnSale touchpad back to HP. I called corporate WebOs support once again on Thursday October 27th to notify them that the replacement device I received on Wednesday October 26th had some issues. I didn't even ask for an advanced exchange this time. They offered to send out another touchpad to me. I was told that an engineer would pay extra special attention to the touchpad they are sending me. The support representative that I spoke to was very apologetic about the issues I was having with the replacement touchpad. He said that they would do everything they can do to make it right. They also told me that the refurbished touchpads are like new and should be in like new condition. I just received a tracking number for this replacement touchpad. It should get it on Monday according to UPS. Hopefully the third touchpad will have no issues. I'll update when I receive the replacement touchpad.
    Last edited by wittc21; 10/29/2011 at 11:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittc21 View Post
    I bout
    seriously...?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by clay333 View Post
    seriously...?
    I accidentally submitted the post without finishing it. I edited it and it should be more than two words!
    saw this thread and thought someone may find this link to be of some help for anyone that wants to take on the repairs themselves:

HP TouchPad Repair Manual - iFixit
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    saw this thread and thought someone may find this link to be of some help for anyone that wants to take on the repairs themselves:

HP TouchPad Repair Manual - iFixit
    Is there a source for parts anywhere?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wittc21 View Post
    I bought an HP touchpad from the second chance OnSale sale. When I received my touchpad, it was damaged. The case was scuffed up and the display had lint under the touch screen. I sent my device in for repair. After a couple of weeks I got my touchpad back. To my dismay, it was not repaired. I called HP corporate WebOs support. I requested an advance exchange unit. I also asked for a case since I had so much trouble with getting my touchpad repaired. I was shipped out a case and a replacement touchpad within a week. I received the replacement touchpad this past Wednesday October 26th. I inspected the replacement touchpad. The touch screen was not flush with the chassis. It seems that when the device I received was repaired, not enough adhesive was used to secure the touchscreen to the chassis. Other than that, the touchpad was in great shape. I shipped my original OnSale touchpad back to HP. I called corporate WebOs support once again on Thursday October 27th to notify them that the replacement device I received on Wednesday October 26th had some issues. I didn't even ask for an advanced exchange this time. They offered to send out another touchpad to me. I was told that an engineer would pay extra special attention to the touchpad they are sending me. The support representative that I spoke to was very apologetic about the issues I was having with the replacement touchpad. He said that they would do everything they can do to make it right. They also told me that the refurbished touchpads are like new and should be in like new condition. I just received a tracking number for this replacement touchpad. It should get it on Monday according to UPS. Hopefully the third touchpad will have no issues. I'll update when I receive the replacement touchpad.
    So I received the replacement touchpad. This is the 3rd touchpad I have had and the second refurbished unit sent to me. I turned it on to set it up and after a minute, the video output on the screen started flashing and the video started tearing across the screen. I didn't even get to setup the WiFi and this issue occurred. I guess that the refurbishment of these units is not done very well. There is definitely a GPU issue with this touchpad. I have given up hope that I will ever have a working unit ever again. I am going to call HP once again this evening to arrange for another replacement. Hopefully, this replacement unit has no issues. It will be unit number 4. Keeps fingers crossed. If this unit has no issues, I am thinking about selling it.
    I have a feeling this is going to happen more and more as their parts and replacement touchpad stock dwindles even more. I'm scared to think what will happen if I ever need a replacement in 5-6mon. time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanvara View Post
    Is there a source for parts anywhere?
    yeah, I have a 16GB main board, plus an uncracked black back (16 and 32 GB models, not 4G) and a video card (for all models) you can shoot me offers via PM for
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I sent mine back for a line that formed on the screen, got it back with a "galieo effect", they sent me a refurb after leaving a $365 deposit, that one had a 1/4 in wide area from left side to right side of the screen where it wouldnt register any touch. I wound up keeping the one with the "galieo effect" and sent the refurb back.