Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI....see link...I have no idea if this is correct info...

Take care all,

Jay

Best Buy offers new HP TouchPad bundle deal

Rue Liu, Oct 28th 201

Best Buy offers new HP TouchPad bundle deal - SlashGear

Best Buy announced today that it will be offering a new deal on the HP TouchPad starting on November 1. The tablet was originally priced $599 at launch and went for $99 during a short fire sale period at HP and select retailers, but has since gone back to an average price under $300. Starting next month, Best Buy will price the 32GB TouchPad for $149.99 when purchased with an HP or Compaq laptop, desktop, or all-in-one computer.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Best Buy announced today that it will be offering a new deal on the HP TouchPad starting on November 1. The tablet was originally priced $599 at launch and went for $99 during a short fire sale period at HP and select retailers, but has since gone back to an average price under $300. Starting next month, Best Buy will price the 32GB TouchPad for $149.99 when purchased with an HP or Compaq laptop, desktop, or all-in-one computer.
    Not that I mind getting my sub $150 32Gb touchpad (without having to buy a computer) but I thought HP should have done something similar from the start of the firesale...at least they might have moved some PC inventory and strengthened the brand instead of damned near killing it.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    bprushik likes this.
    I wouldn't waste my money on another computer just to get a fire sale TouchPad. Still good incentive to buyers actually in the computer market.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Sorry HP, you lost my business. I just bought a new laptop and went with a Samsung. No more HP in my house (except for my FrankenPre and original firesale Touchpad)
    Weaser999 likes this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    amazed that they never thought of bundles....they had an entire product ecosystem
    Always nice that BestBuy cancelled my Touchpad order because of no product, only to find they lied and were holding on to them to sell as a bundle.
    HP's way of thinking seems so backwards. They cancel it, fire sale it, then bundle it. What were they thinking???

The logical thing would have been to lower the price, which they did a week or so before they canceled the TouchPad.

Then if that didn't sell enough units, they should have started bundling them with their PC's, Printers, phones etc. I mean, August was back to school time, instead of announcing that you are canceling webOS hardware, they should have announced back to school bundles for all the students. I'm sure that's the time of the year when most PC's are sold.

Then if that didn't sell enough TouchPads, Black Friday is coming up; they could have dropped the TouchPad to $200 - $250; that seems to be the price everyone is snatching them, up on eBay.

Then if after trying all these different tactics, if you're still disappointed with sales, discontinue the product & fire sale it for $99/$149. Instead they panicked after 49 days... sigh
    UnusualSuspect likes this.
    i got my tp from singapore during an IT show last sept through this same deal. Buy an hp laptop and they will sell you the 16gb tp for 49 SGD or the 32gb tp for 129 SGD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bprushik View Post
    amazed that they never thought of bundles....they had an entire product ecosystem
    So true...bundle the Touchpad with a HP printer. Advertise with: "No need for apps...it just prints!"
    Yes I Did likes this.
    They put out a press release for this, but I absolutely refuse to shop at best buy, so I'm glad I got my TPs at the start. I've got plenty of choice words for BB. I think it bolsters my case when BB causing a ruckus about low sales, but yet they get the rest of the product. Then again, it's probably because they're the last nationwide big box electronics retailer.

The bundle could almost be an additional rebate: buy laptop, get rebates, get $150 TP, sell for $250. Bam. An extra $100.
    I guess this is where all of the BB returns went to.
    our BB said today it will be Nov 4 for them. No idea how many they will be getting so advised to get there early.
    I for one still want a firesale TP but don't need another laptop/desktop so I'll buy the BB bundle and sell off the laptop/desktop on ebay brand new if I can...
    So where the hell did BB get these TP units from?
    HP presumably.
    When?
    Recently, or before the Aug firesale?
    If recently, why are not individual HP customers being given priority as 'promised'?

I don't WANT an HP Laptop, Desktop or All-in-one Computer thanks!

Sounds like yet another dodgy HP/BB 'deal' to me!

Maybe they'll all end up on Megs old chariot - Ebay, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    HP's way of thinking seems so backwards. They cancel it, fire sale it, then bundle it. What were they thinking???

The logical thing would have been to lower the price, which they did a week or so before they canceled the TouchPad.

Then if that didn't sell enough units, they should have started bundling them with their PC's, Printers, phones etc. I mean, August was back to school time, instead of announcing that you are canceling webOS hardware, they should have announced back to school bundles for all the students. I'm sure that's the time of the year when most PC's are sold.

Then if that didn't sell enough TouchPads, Black Friday is coming up; they could have dropped the TouchPad to $200 - $250; that seems to be the price everyone is snatching them, up on eBay.

Then if after trying all these different tactics, if you're still disappointed with sales, discontinue the product & fire sale it for $99/$149. Instead they panicked after 49 days... sigh
    You forget, Leo didn't want webOS to survive, and didn't want to be building/selling any hardware. He wanted to turn HP to a software company, so he could get his second shot at running SAP into the ground.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    SmartFah likes this.
    Everyone knows about the touchpad now. They might not sell many, but people are definitely going to be fingering the display models up to see what they missed.

Do they have a demonstration program that runs on the touchpad? I wouldn't mind seeing that.
    You plug your phone in?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    So where the hell did BB get these TP units from?
    HP presumably.
    When?
    Recently, or before the Aug firesale?
    If recently, why are not individual HP customers being given priority as 'promised'?

I don't WANT an HP Laptop, Desktop or All-in-one Computer thanks!

Sounds like yet another dodgy HP/BB 'deal' to me!

Maybe they'll all end up on Megs old chariot - Ebay, anyway!

These are from the most recent final production run of the TouchPads. And yep, it's bogus that HP customers don't get first priority. Booo HP.
    That may be their idea of 'first priority.' After all, wouldn't buying an HP product make one an HP customer?
    Nothing is preventing anyone from buying one. You can just go to BestBuy,com and buy it:

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 32GB Memory - Black - FB359UA#ABA

the 32 GB version is $599.99
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Nothing is preventing anyone from buying one. You can just go to BestBuy,com and buy it:

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 32GB Memory - Black - FB359UA#ABA

the 32 GB version is $599.99
    What a deal! And they offer FREE shipping! I wonder who many people will bite at full retail.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast