View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Live with it even know more then 50% of the screen is not attached.

4 16.00%
  • Try to fix it yourself.

3 12.00%
  • Return it and hope they fix it and not send a refurbed unit.

18 72.00%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  1.    #1  
    What would you do if you got a Touchpad and everything worked great except you noticed you can slide paper under the screen?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/28/2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: fixed title
    <title updated> Sorry..but asking what people "would do with TP" as a title was asking for off-topic replies. lol

And no... that's not normal for a screen. You can try contacting HP for repair and see if they can reseat the screen under warranty. Doubt they will offer a replacement anymore, unfortunately.
    Purchase the HP case for it
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Wow, that's tough. I'm sorry for your screen issues, however, I couldn't stop laughing at the picture. I'm pretty sure it's not normal though.

It's a tough call; from posts in other threads, many people have had long waits on getting their TouchPads repaired & returned to them by HP. So you chance dealing with that if you want send it back.

I would probably hold it for a while and if it gets any worse, send it in. It's covered under warranty for a year, so you have time if you need to get it fixed.
  5.    #5  
    Its actually sitting on the return box they send me. I dont mine waiting I just realy realy dont want a refurb.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnipeUout View Post
    Its actually sitting on the return box they send me. I dont mine waiting I just realy realy dont want a refurb.
    It could go either way. Sometimes they repair the TouchPad you send them & return it back, other times they just send you a refurb. Maybe you can call them and see which one they would do for your repair.

I definitely would rather have mine repaired than to get a refurb as well.
  7.    #7  
    I did tell them I dont want a referb and I was told if I choose the repair option they will fix mine. Yet the email I got from them mentioned a possible reburb per the warrentee policy.
    Fix it! just get a very fine brush, some gorilla super glue, put a very, very, small amount on there, press down, hold for awhile, bam you will be good.

or i like the idea of get a case..
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD914 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with refurbs. The majority of the times you can't tell a refurb from a new device.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnipeUout View Post
    A refurb is probably in much better shape than the junk he has. Any refurn tech prodyct i alwats got was like new.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'd probably send it back for repair or refurb. I think the product you get back will be good as new.
    This is why products come with a warranty. Use it.